+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will working for US company through EOR from Canada consider as Canadian Experience if they have no entity in Canada?

Asif Khokhar

Mar 26, 2021
Hi,

I am on PGWP and getting a job offer from a US company. They dont have any physical entity or any branch in Canada but they are willing to hire me through EOR. So, my question is, if I take this offer and pay all my taxes etc through EOR and get the salary in Canadian bank account in Canadian dollars, will it consider a Canadian Experience?

If yes, what documents will I need to prove my Canadian experience?

I have searched online alot but not getting any credible answers. Some are saying that it does count but some are saying it does not. I have consulted couple of immigration consultants as well but one said that it counts and one said it does not. Therefore, I am really confused. Please if anyone is in the same position as me then do let me know in detail if you have any credible information on this and not just opinions.

Thank you in advance!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I am on PGWP and getting a job offer from a US company. They dont have any physical entity or any branch in Canada but they are willing to hire me through EOR. So, my question is, if I take this offer and pay all my taxes etc through EOR and get the salary in Canadian bank account in Canadian dollars, will it consider a Canadian Experience?

If yes, what documents will I need to prove my Canadian experience?

I have searched online alot but not getting any credible answers. Some are saying that it does count but some are saying it does not. I have consulted couple of immigration consultants as well but one said that it counts and one said it does not. Therefore, I am really confused. Please if anyone is in the same position as me then do let me know in detail if you have any credible information on this and not just opinions.

Thank you in advance!
Would verify with an immigration lawyer not consultant.