+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will they allow walk-in after you mail the TRV application?

gracecy

Apr 27, 2011
Any one had similar experience?

I mailed the TRV application, and it has been 2 weeks. I want to walk-in (From Boston to New York), would this help? Would they let me in?

I have the file number...and a copy of my passport...

elisha

May 5, 2011
Hi
I am in the same situation. Even I am planning to travel from Boston to New York. I dont mind doing a car pool with you. Please advise.
my email is t_elisha@yahoo.com

Thanks
Elisha

karyakarta

Jun 27, 2011
Hello there,

I am writing to ask if anyone have any experience or know someone who had actually been able to get their passports and visa stamps in person from the Canadian Consulate General? I mailed in my TRV (multiple) to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo on May 26th through FEDEX overnight mail, and the tracking showed that the package was delivered the following morning on May 27th.

I have booked a flight to Buffalo on June 30th evening, and I am very anxious as I have no idea where I stand in the process. I have emailed and faxed the Canadian Consulate asking them for an update, and their response was pretty generic saying that they are still reviewing my application. Given that the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo is closed on July 1st for Canada day, I am planning to change my iterinary and fly to Buffalo on June 29th instead so that I can make it to the Consulate the following morning and retrieve my passport and visa stamp (fingers crossed). However, this will come at a cost of an additional $800 just to fly out a day sooner in rebooking fee. At the moment, I don't have any qualm spending the additional $800 if I have assurance that I would be able to get my passport and visa successfully in person. Having said this, could someone share their inputs or experiences on being successful / unsuccessful in retrieving both their passports and visa stamps in person at any of the Canadian Consulate General in the USA (not just the one in Buffalo)? I understand that the website mentioned that there is no in person pickup for mailed-in TRV applications, but I am still willing to give it a go for it provided that there is a good chance.

A little background about myself: I am a H1-B (work visa) holder in the USA with good earnings, receive both my bachelor and post-graduate degrees in the US, have extensive travel background to destinations around the world, and I am not from those countries with mandatory wait period. I personally don't think that my application will get rejected, and I am sure that it will be approved eventually (but might not be in time before June 30th).

stole

Nov 10, 2011
Hello,

I am in the same situation. I need the visa in a very timely manner, so I decide to apply in person, as I was told that I can get the visa in the same day if apply in person. So I plan to drive to the Detroit office. Did you finally get your passport and application material back? Look forward to seeing your reply.

Now, somebody told me applying in person won't save my time, as it also takes more than 30 days to get the visa. Is this true? If so, what is the point for me to get my passport back and apply in person?

karyakarta said:
Hello there,

I am writing to ask if anyone have any experience or know someone who had actually been able to get their passports and visa stamps in person from the Canadian Consulate General? I mailed in my TRV (multiple) to the Canadian Consulate General in Buffalo on May 26th through FEDEX overnight mail, and the tracking showed that the package was delivered the following morning on May 27th.

I have booked a flight to Buffalo on June 30th evening, and I am very anxious as I have no idea where I stand in the process. I have emailed and faxed the Canadian Consulate asking them for an update, and their response was pretty generic saying that they are still reviewing my application. Given that the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo is closed on July 1st for Canada day, I am planning to change my iterinary and fly to Buffalo on June 29th instead so that I can make it to the Consulate the following morning and retrieve my passport and visa stamp (fingers crossed). However, this will come at a cost of an additional $800 just to fly out a day sooner in rebooking fee. At the moment, I don't have any qualm spending the additional $800 if I have assurance that I would be able to get my passport and visa successfully in person. Having said this, could someone share their inputs or experiences on being successful / unsuccessful in retrieving both their passports and visa stamps in person at any of the Canadian Consulate General in the USA (not just the one in Buffalo)? I understand that the website mentioned that there is no in person pickup for mailed-in TRV applications, but I am still willing to give it a go for it provided that there is a good chance.

A little background about myself: I am a H1-B (work visa) holder in the USA with good earnings, receive both my bachelor and post-graduate degrees in the US, have extensive travel background to destinations around the world, and I am not from those countries with mandatory wait period. I personally don't think that my application will get rejected, and I am sure that it will be approved eventually (but might not be in time before June 30th).

maddy739

May 4, 2012
Hi, can you please update if you were able to walkin after applying in person? even I am planning for the same, want some tips from you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
maddy739 said:
Hi, can you please update if you were able to walkin after applying in person? even I am planning for the same, want some tips from you
Walk-ins are no longer offered. See:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/index.aspx?view=d

Attention:

Effective May 7, 2012, the Canadian visa offices in Buffalo and Detroit will no longer offer same-day non-immigrant services. Applicants for Temporary Resident Visas, Study Permits, Work Permits, Temporary Resident Permits, and Permanent Resident Travel Documents must submit applications by mail only. No cash payments will be accepted. Please see the following links for application submission and fee payment instructions at the Canadian visa offices in the United States: Buffalo, Detroit, Los Angeles, New York, Seattle, Washington.

maddy739

May 4, 2012
Thank you for the info. I am planning to walk in at Washington embassy which is not in the below list.
Question is, will they allow walkin after mailing the application through post?