+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will Syria refugee acceptance influence Visa processing time?

qkzcanada

Oct 30, 2015
As listed on topic, Will Syria refugee acceptance influence Visa processing time of skill workers?
I'm from China; My "skill worker" application submited to Sydney,Nova Scotia was signed in Nov 2014;
I feel that in recent time the processing of skill workers type seems to slow down
for most of applicants(as shown in local immigration forum) who submitted their application on October, 2014 had received "picking up letter" and got "Decision Made" status updated, or even received "permenant residence"on october. However, applicants followed are not so lucky, they don't receive status updating after "medical result received" status.
Some people said it's because refugee receiving absorbs too much CIC resource.
How do you feel?

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017
No. Refugees sponsored by the Canada and its different provinces/teritorries has no effect to immigrants permanent residents application to their destined provinces. Check your Visa office processing time :)

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
qkzcanada said:
As listed on topic, Will Syria refugee acceptance influence Visa processing time of skill workers?
I'm from China; My "skill worker" application submited to Sydney,Nova Scotia was signed in Nov 2014;
I feel that in recent time the processing of skill workers type seems to slow down
for most of applicants(as shown in local immigration forum) who submitted their application on October, 2014 had received "picking up letter" and got "Decision Made" status updated, or even received "permenant residence"on october. However, applicants followed are not so lucky, they don't receive status updating after "medical result received" status.
Some people said it's because refugee receiving absorbs too much CIC resource.
How do you feel?
Definitely yes.
Looking at CIC Twitter mentions are flooded with complaints of delayed visa and their website suddenly having "difficulties" for weeks now, I think they are prioritizing Syrians, all others must wait until god knows when

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017
betteka said:
Definitely yes.
Looking at CIC Twitter mentions are flooded with complaints of delayed visa and their website suddenly having "difficulties" for weeks now, I think they are prioritizing Syrians, all others must wait until god knows when
Betteka,

No. your application for PR is not affected even if Canada govt pledged to sponor 25,000 syrian refugees by end of Feb 2016.