+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will my 2.2 gpa affect my study visa even I was admitted to a public university in Canada?

Tiro2003

Sep 23, 2022
Although I was accepted into an accredited public university in Canada and have enough fund for the education there, I’m worried that my low gpa of two semesters of university in Vietnam might put my application in a disadvantage. I managed to get a gpa of 4.0 in high school. However, after studying in a university that is notorious for having an abnormal grading system, my gpa dropped to a 2.2. There was this case of a boy who studied in Simon Fraser University and got a 3.83/4.3 GPA. However, after transferring to my university his gpa dropped to a 2.0. Many students, especially transfer ones, have complained and actually reported the school for having an abysmal grading system. I’m really on the edge right now because my visa might get rejected due to this reason.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Although I was accepted into an accredited public university in Canada and have enough fund for the education there, I’m worried that my low gpa of two semesters of university in Vietnam might put my application in a disadvantage. I managed to get a gpa of 4.0 in high school. However, after studying in a university that is notorious for having an abnormal grading system, my gpa dropped to a 2.2. There was this case of a boy who studied in Simon Fraser University and got a 3.83/4.3 GPA. However, after transferring to my university his gpa dropped to a 2.0. Many students, especially transfer ones, have complained and actually reported the school for having an abysmal grading system. I’m really on the edge right now because my visa might get rejected due to this reason.
What university? Yes, your grades will be a factor but will depend on funds, education/career advancement, language results, ties to home country too.