+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will it effect citizenship applicaion

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
For the landing i went to North portal border 2015 to become landed immigrant.

2016 I went with my friend at regway border for his landing ( in usa border crossing asked my ID, I provided them my driving license ).

I didn't add any of this information in my recent citizenship application.

Will it effect any way in my citizenship application ?

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
For the landing i went to North portal border 2015 to become landed immigrant.

2016 I went with my friend at regway border for his landing ( in usa border crossing asked my ID, I provided them my driving license ).

I didn't add any of this information in my recent citizenship application.

Will it effect any way in my citizenship application ?
... then you re-entered Canada and went to CBSA for your flagpole. Am I correct?
I believe your flagpole was done properly that’s why you became PR . Unless I didn’t quite get your question, you will have no issue. Just have in mind the exact date you did your flagpole.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
... then you re-entered Canada and went to CBSA for your flagpole. Am I correct?
I believe your flagpole was done properly that’s why you became PR . Unless I didn’t quite get your question, you will have no issue. Just have in mind the exact date you did your flagpole.
.. then you re-entered Canada and went to CBSA for your flagpole. Am I correct? YES

But when I went with my 2016 for his landing we went with car at REGWAY usa border then return to Canada at that time my friend only went in canada office for his landing and I was outside in car

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
.. then you re-entered Canada and went to CBSA for your flagpole. Am I correct? YES

But when I went with my 2016 for his landing we went with car at REGWAY usa border then return to Canada at that time my friend only went in canada office for his landing and I was outside in car
I think you will just need to mark this as a trip in the physical presence calculator “ say you left Canada on xx/yy/2016 and returned to Canada on the same day : xx/yy/2016”

simoncanada

Dec 3, 2015
I think you will just need to mark this as a trip in the physical presence calculator “ say you left Canada on xx/yy/2016 and returned to Canada on the same day : xx/yy/2016”

No need to add at physical presence form because he didn't stay not even for a day , same day they return.

Also no passport stamp by CBSA no prove in CBSA system
But as he said USA border took driving license . So question USA have may be record

scorph

Aug 17, 2017
Abbotsford BC
No need to add at physical presence form because he didn't stay not even for a day , same day they return.

Also no passport stamp by CBSA no prove in CBSA system
But as he said USA border took driving license . So question USA have may be record
You are contradicting yourself lol

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Just add it to the physical presence calculator if you actually went into the US and then immediately returned to Canada. It won't count as a day against you, however, when it shows up on their checks they won't count it against you because you didn't mention it. If you have already filed your application without out, be sure to make note of it and then explain at your interview about the discrepancy. It should NOT be an issue for you.

Reactions: sns204

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Regarding the absence when you became the PR. Exactly that happened to me. I forgot to put the 30 min absence in the residence calculator list of absences.

At the interview officer went through all my passport stamps and checkmarked them in the residence calculator absences printout. When he encountered the flag poling date stamp, he didn't find the corresponding absence in the list of absences, but he simply checkmarked the "becoming PR date" field in the residence calculator.

So missed date when you became the PR is absolutely not a problem.

Although I can't say anything about the missed absence when your friend became a PR.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I can assure you that if you gave CBSA your PR card and/or passport, you were recorded coming back through the border from the USA. If I were you, I would make a note of this to keep with my documents, the date, the reason and times (if you remember them). You could get your record from CBSA, but IRCC will get your information even if you have it, if you ticked that box in your application. You shouldn't need to 'prepare' a speech, only be ready to answer why you are showing that trip and that you did not log it.

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
I can assure you that if you gave CBSA your PR card and/or passport, you were recorded coming back through the border from the USA. If I were you, I would make a note of this to keep with my documents, the date, the reason and times (if you remember them). You could get your record from CBSA, but IRCC will get your information even if you have it, if you ticked that box in your application. You shouldn't need to 'prepare' a speech, only be ready to answer why you are showing that trip and that you did not log it.

I have CBSA stamp when I went to landing

But I didn’t take my passport or PR card when I went for my friend landing
I just give my photo id driving licence to usa border and same I give to CBSA officer

My question is in CBSA report will show my entry date to CBSA System

That’s us what I am concerned about it

Thanks

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
Don't decide what to say based on the CBSA report. There are times when IRCC has more information than is available in the CBSA report (at least one forum participant ended up needing to document their presence in Canada extensively, likely as a result of such a discrepancy).

You know when you accompanied your friend, so you know exactly which date and location (and probably even approximate time) this happened. Did any CBSA officer see your PR card or passport on that day? Did any CBP officer see your PR card or passport that day? If so, there is certainly a record of that. If not, there may not be a record.

You mentioned that both CBP and CBSA saw your driver's licence... so there is the possibility they entered that in their system.*

If there is a record then IRCC may have it, and they'll now know you've omitted something from your application.**
If there is no record, they won't know you've omitted something from your application.

My reading of this situation is that if you send an update (using the web form***) to mention that flagpoling (making it clear you did not take a passport, so didn't get a stamp on either side) in the former case they now see you've made an effort to complete your record on file. In the latter case they'll see the same thing, just without the corresponding record.

I think it extremely unlikely that disclosing it would have negative repercussions, whereas not disclosing it seems (somewhat) more likely to have negative repercussions.

But it's up to you to decide what you're comfortable with.

(btw, "negative repercussions" in any case are likely to be requests for additional information/proof of presence, not a denial of your application or something as severe as that.)

* Worst case for these records is if CBSA has an entry, but CBP do not. In that case IRCC cannot know that you did not in fact just spent months in the US, having crossed somewhere illicitly. If that's what happened you are likely to be asked for proof of presence in Canada.

** If they believe this omission makes you unreliable this may trigger a request for additional documentation to prove your presence in Canada. If they believe that all in all your application is reliable, you would be just fine, even with that omission.

*** I'm more cautious than others, so I tend to lean towards using the web form or sending a letter when providing an update, to make sure there's a record of the communication. Mentioning it during the interview may not make it into their notes. It should, but mistakes happen.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just add it to the physical presence calculator if you actually went into the US and then immediately returned to Canada. It won't count as a day against you, however, when it shows up on their checks they won't count it against you because you didn't mention it. If you have already filed your application without out, be sure to make note of it and then explain at your interview about the discrepancy. It should NOT be an issue for you.
This was the correct advice but since you didn't add it you should submit a web form to inform them that you forgot to mention it. That way, you're being transparent and can't be accused of anything at a later date. Do it as soon as and get it out of the way.