+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

will I got rejected for Post Graduate Work permit if I have a criminal record

Oct 7, 2015
I am a graduate student in a top univ here.

The case is already withdrawn - diversion, but the criminal record will remain for 2 years. I will graduate after 1 year.

Is it possible that I got rejected for Post Graduate Work permit by this? What could I do to remedy it?

parth2305

Jun 30, 2015
Very high chances of getting rejected. But do consult. It also depends upon severity of the criminal act.

prdgo

Oct 8, 2015
HI Brother,

If are diverted means , you are out of criminal record. I was wondering about that did you get charged and arrested ? did you give fingerprints and photographed by police ? when did you get diversion, i mean before charges laid or after charges laid

GTO911

Nov 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC - Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
16-10-2015
Med's Done....
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
But you are reallyniceperson how come criminal charge?

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reallyniceperson said:
I am a graduate student in a top univ here.

The case is already withdrawn - diversion, but the criminal record will remain for 2 years. I will graduate after 1 year.

Is it possible that I got rejected for Post Graduate Work permit by this? What could I do to remedy it?
if one of questions on the form ask if you have been criminally charged then you have to say yes.

or if CIC run your criminal check while process your file, then there is chance you would not get it.

furthermore, it would not be easy when you apply for PR in the future (whether your record is gone after 2 years, your answer would be always yes regarding to that question)