+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will I be rejected because of this medical test! X-Ray!

sai ganesh

Aug 2, 2022
Hello All,

I submitted my visa application on July 20 with my medicals but Today i got a email from regional medical office to undergo additional medical test so immediately i met my canada panel physician and they asked me to go for TB test which will take around 8 weeks and then follow-up x-ray overall process will be 3 months to submit the updated medecals.

could some one let me know whether the immigration will wait for 3 months until i provide medicals or is there any chance of rejection ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello All,

I submitted my visa application on July 20 with my medicals but Today i got a email from regional medical office to undergo additional medical test so immediately i met my canada panel physician and they asked me to go for TB test which will take around 8 weeks and then follow-up x-ray overall process will be 3 months to submit the updated medecals.

could some one let me know whether the immigration will wait for 3 months until i provide medicals or is there any chance of rejection ?

1. They will wait.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello All,

The one you got is medical furtherance letter, isn't it? You would have given your sputum test for 3 days and now the next xray is after 3 months. So they will wait for 3 months time to assess about your file.

sai ganesh

Aug 2, 2022
The one you got is medical furtherance letter, isn't it? You would have given your sputum test for 3 days and now the next xray is after 3 months. So they will wait for 3 months time to assess about your file.
Yes...i got furtherance letter but mentioned 30 days time comply with request but as per panel physician it will take 3 months...can i raise webform with email from my physician where he mnetoned that process will take 3 months for sputum results and folloup xray?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Yes...i got furtherance letter but mentioned 30 days time comply with request but as per panel physician it will take 3 months...can i raise webform with email from my physician where he mnetoned that process will take 3 months for sputum results and folloup xray?
Did you read the date correctly as in Canada its format is month/date/ year whereas in India its date/month/year?

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Hi
I'm 10 weeks pregnant and in my medical they saw a spot on my lungs. They put my case on hold and gave me another x ray date after 3 Months and sputum test. I'm failed to give sample due to my pregnancy. They accepted my satisfactory sample and labelled it pregnant.
How much delay I will face if samples got rejection from lab?
Will I have to give another test and wait again?

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Don't worry, just follow what has been asked and you will be fine!

Go to the clinic, give your 3 sputum samples (3 consecutive days) and wait the looooong 60 days to receive a results. For sputum production drink plenty of liquids (specially milk) the day before the tests and sleep without a pillow.

I have researched this a lot and I can tell you that the great majority of cases come negative.

In case it comes positive, it would mean an active TB disease. You would have to go under treatment and after that provide new sputum samples. When you have them negative you would be cleared to your Visa. Anyway, don't think about that.

Best of luck to you! (I know how hard it is when you receive a furtherance letter!).
What if someone failed to give sample. They submitted my unsatisfactory sample due to my pregnancy.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What if someone failed to give sample. They submitted my unsatisfactory sample due to my pregnancy.
IRCC won't approve the application without a clean medical. If you can't give a satisfactory sample due to being pregnant, then most likely you'll need to wait until after you give birth and then give the sample again to proceed with the medical.

Ziaul Islam

Jul 23, 2023
Category........
PNP
Hello All,

Hi There,

Could you please update on your Medical status?
I may face the same situations as in my medical report shown below :

Lung fields: Abnormal
NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

Minor findings (sometimes associated with TB infection)
Solitary Granuloma (<1cm and of any lobe) with an unremarkable hilum (3.1) Yes

Provide Grading
Grading: B Grading
NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

UNQUOTE

Though my PP didn't ask for any other test.

AOR : 4th August 2023
PNP-EE_OUTLEND

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Hi There,

Could you please update on your Medical status?
I may face the same situations as in my medical report shown below :

Lung fields: Abnormal
NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

Minor findings (sometimes associated with TB infection)
Solitary Granuloma (<1cm and of any lobe) with an unremarkable hilum (3.1) Yes

Provide Grading
Grading: B Grading
NODULE AT RIGHT MID ZONE

UNQUOTE

Though my PP didn't ask for any other test.

AOR : 4th August 2023
PNP-EE_OUTLEND
They got a furtherance from IRCC. You can read it here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/will-i-be-rejected-because-of-this-medical-test-x-ray.114743/page-8#post-10172796