+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Will applying work visa slow down the PR application?

slyio76

Jan 27, 2007
Hi,

May I know is it possible to secure a job in Canada from Singapore without obtaining the PR or work visa first?

If we apply for the work visa while still waiting for our PR application result, will it slow down the PR application?

Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

slyio76 said:
Hi,

May I know is it possible to secure a job in Canada from Singapore without obtaining the PR or work visa first?

If we apply for the work visa while still waiting for our PR application result, will it slow down the PR application?

Thanks.
1. You have to get an approved job offer from Canada first, then you apply for a work permit. Only in very rare circumstances can you work in Canada without a work permit.
2. If you get a work permit and AEO as well (Arranged Employment Option) it may actually speed up your application.

PMM

schatzi

Jan 25, 2007
hello,
I am very interested to work in Canada. But how can I know if there are jobs offered in Canada? Can anybody give me a tipp? or any website which I can surf?

Thank you.

feline

Jan 31, 2007
Kormad, I am very grateful for this link. I have browsed the site and it seems that there are many opportunities for job placements. However, I also understand that most of these companies require that you have a visa before you get accepted in a job unless they can't find any other qualified person to fill in the position.