-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi,

My wife is in Pakistan and i am in Canada on PGWP(with a NOC A category Job). I read on CIC website that my wife is eligible to apply for OWP based on my status and job. So i downloaded application for OWP from outside canada. [http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp]

BUT the problem is in application it is asking for applicant's empolyer information in Canada (Also intended work,LMO etc) since my wife is going to apply based on my status and job, what should she write in those fields? or am i looking into wrong application form?.

Please share your information.

Regards,
S.Ali

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sohail.ali said:
Hi,

My wife is in Pakistan and i am in Canada on PGWP(with a NOC A category Job). I read on CIC website that my wife is eligible to apply for OWP based on my status and job. So i downloaded application for OWP from outside canada. [http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp]

BUT the problem is in application it is asking for applicant's empolyer information in Canada (Also intended work,LMO etc) since my wife is going to apply based on my status and job, what should she write in those fields? or am i looking into wrong application form?.

Please share your information.

Regards,
S.Ali
Your wife is NOT eligible too receive an OWP based on your PGWP. You would need to be on an LMO based job or through PNP.

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
07-03-2013 (Received by CIC)
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
rjessome said:
Your wife is NOT eligible too receive an OWP based on your PGWP. You would need to be on an LMO based job or through PNP.

I think you need to update your self first. Please read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who.asp (YELLOW BOX)

Accompanying family members must always apply for their own work permits. They should apply for one at the same time as you, before entering Canada. If they decide to work only after they arrive, they can apply once they are here.

Note: If you are the holder of a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which is a type of open work permit, your spouse will need to attach a copy of your work permit to his or her application for an open work permit. Your spouse will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents, including:

A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract; AND
A copy of one of your pay slips.

shivpalsidhu

Star Member
Feb 13, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
6216 (New NOC 6313)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
AOR Received.
06-04-2011 (1st) 02-06-2011 (2nd)
IELTS Request
Sent with inital application
File Transfer...
30-04-2011 and July 2012
Med's Request
19-08-2013
Med's Done....
22-08-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Calgary, AB
Hi Sohail,

Your wife is eligible, and she should apply in the country she is living in.

In the application form where it asks for employer details, write "NONE", and attach an annexure giving details, such as, applying for open work permit based on husband's current and valid work permit.

Attach a cover letter too, stating all this information. Attach copies of your passport, current work permit. You can attach salary stubs, and/or bank statements to show that your are in Canada.

Do not forget to show family ties back home to show that she will return at the end of her open work permit.

If you have kids, then you also need to apply for thier study permit with this application.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Shiv

Asal86

Mar 11, 2013
Hello,
I have many questions...
What family ties should we attach? and where can I put all these information when I apply online?in additional information which has a size limit of 4Mg???
What should we write in cover letter?
Thanks

arpitgarg20

Apr 21, 2013
Hi Everyone,

I have a PGWP (valid until May 2016) with an NOC A job and applying for OWP for my spouse who is currently outside Canada. As I am gathering all the documents, I want to know about the document to show my spouse's ties to back home. I have quoted a post below to which Shivpal had answered for reference. It will be of great help if the senior members can throw some light on this. Also, another question- Do I need to attach a document to prove that my job level is NOC A, B or 0??

Looking forward to a quick response. Thanks in advance.

shivpalsidhu said:
Hi Sohail,

Your wife is eligible, and she should apply in the country she is living in.

In the application form where it asks for employer details, write "NONE", and attach an annexure giving details, such as, applying for open work permit based on husband's current and valid work permit.

Attach a cover letter too, stating all this information. Attach copies of your passport, current work permit. You can attach salary stubs, and/or bank statements to show that your are in Canada.

Do not forget to show family ties back home to show that she will return at the end of her open work permit.

If you have kids, then you also need to apply for thier study permit with this application.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Shiv

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
arpitgarg20 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have a PGWP (valid until May 2016) with an NOC A job and applying for OWP for my spouse who is currently outside Canada. As I am gathering all the documents, I want to know about the document to show my spouse's ties to back home. I have quoted a post below to which Shivpal had answered for reference. It will be of great help if the senior members can throw some light on this. Also, another question- Do I need to attach a document to prove that my job level is NOC A, B or 0??

Looking forward to a quick response. Thanks in advance.
Well first of all my wife arrived last year on OWP based on my PGWP .. so I can help you with this regard.

Well In my case I didn't show any family ties which I think is not that important for Open work Permit application. Its better to show any work experience if your wife has And YES you will have to send your PGWP copy, Employer letter which states your title and salary, last pay stub, bank statement.

To proof your job is NOC a b or 0, ask your HR to print NOC code number in the empolyer letter or just mention the Code number to CIC with a personal letter with reference to your Job Title in employer letter.

I hope this help.

hyousafi

Oct 26, 2013
sohail.ali said:
Well first of all my wife arrived last year on OWP based on my PGWP .. so I can help you with this regard.

Well In my case I didn't show any family ties which I think is not that important for Open work Permit application. Its better to show any work experience if your wife has And YES you will have to send your PGWP copy, Employer letter which states your title and salary, last pay stub, bank statement.

To proof your job is NOC a b or 0, ask your HR to print NOC code number in the empolyer letter or just mention the Code number to CIC with a personal letter with reference to your Job Title in employer letter.

I hope this help.
Hello Sohail,

Is it possible to contact with you? I need some information regarding OWP application process for my wife. She is currently back home.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you

sohail.ali

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-06-2012
Nomination.....
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
03-08-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 Band
Med's Request
03-08-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
27-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
You can throw in your question here so every one can read and reply if they have any such experience.
OR you can send me a private message.

hyousafi

Oct 26, 2013
sohail.ali said:
You can throw in your question here so every one can read and reply if they have any such experience.
OR you can send me a private message.
Do I need to fill up the following forms?
1- IMM1295E - Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada
2- Family Information Form

In Work Permit application form, it asks for UCI number. As she doesn't have any UCI, so
what do we need to write?

In "Details of Intended work in Canada", we need to provide employer's detail. As she doesn't have any job offer, so what do we write there?

What information we need provide in the following:
- Intended location of employment in Canada
- My occupation in Canada
- Duration of Expected Employment
- Labour Market Opnion No.

In invitation letter, which information needs to be highlighted?

Amount of funds to show in my bank statement (how many months)? Though, I will attach my pay stub and the letter
of employment.

Can I apply online from here?

I am asking all these questions, because I have already applied once in 2012 a visit visa
for her, but it got rejected. I was on a student visa that time.

Thanks in Advance

mannual

Nov 24, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hyousafi said:
Do I need to fill up the following forms?
1- IMM1295E - Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada
2- Family Information Form

In Work Permit application form, it asks for UCI number. As she doesn't have any UCI, so
what do we need to write?

In "Details of Intended work in Canada", we need to provide employer's detail. As she doesn't have any job offer, so what do we write there?

What information we need provide in the following:
- Intended location of employment in Canada
- My occupation in Canada
- Duration of Expected Employment
- Labour Market Opnion No.

In invitation letter, which information needs to be highlighted?

Amount of funds to show in my bank statement (how many months)? Though, I will attach my pay stub and the letter
of employment.

Can I apply online from here?

I am asking all these questions, because I have already applied once in 2012 a visit visa
for her, but it got rejected. I was on a student visa that time.

Thanks in Advance
Intended to Work IN Canada:

1. What kind of work Permit are you applying for

Open Work Permit

a)
Details of my prospective Employer

N/A - Applying for Open WP as Spouse.

b) Complete Address of Employer

3. Intended Location of Employment in canada.

Mention the city / Province where he wants to work. Most probably the same city/province where you are currently staying.
in the Address Mention : N/A - Open Work Permit .

4. My Occupation in Canada Will be
Open WP / or May be you can mention what he wants to do if he gets WP.

5. Duration of Expected Employment :

End Date : Your Work/study Permit End Date ( Spouse Permit is only given upto the duration for which Principal applicant ( means your's permit is valid. )

6. Labour Markete Opinion No .

( eight zeroes , its mandatory to put something otherwise you won't be able to validate this form so as u don't have any LMO for him and he is a dependent spouse so 00000000 should work. )

I hope this works for you, Good Luck

hyousafi

Oct 26, 2013
mannual said:
Intended to Work IN Canada:

1. What kind of work Permit are you applying for

Open Work Permit

a)
Details of my prospective Employer

b) Complete Address of Employer

3. Intended Location of Employment in canada.

Mention the city / Province where he wants to work. Most probably the same city/province where you are currently staying.
in the Address Mention : N/A - Open Work Permit .

4. My Occupation in Canada Will be
Open WP / or May be you can mention what he wants to do if he gets WP.

5. Duration of Expected Employment :

End Date : Your Work/study Permit End Date ( Spouse Permit is only given upto the duration for which Principal applicant ( means your's permit is valid. )

6. Labour Markete Opinion No .

( eight zeroes , its mandatory to put something otherwise you won't be able to validate this form so as u don't have any LMO for him and he is a dependent spouse so 00000000 should work. )

I hope this works for you, Good Luck
What about UCI #?
Do we need to fill up Family Information Form?

Thanks for the answers! I really appreciate it.

hyousafi

Oct 26, 2013
Hello,

I'm applying for my wife's OWP now. I need few more answers if anyone of you knows about it.

Does she need to apply for TRV along with OWP from back home?

- In TRV, there is a option to select "principle applicant" or "dependent". What is her status?

I will attach my bank statement with her application. Does she need to prepare and attach her Bank Statement too?

I will appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks

HHJJ

Aug 17, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all

On behalf of BOWP, Can I apply for my Wife's OWP from Canada? Do i need to show any ties with Home country?