+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wife is Pregnant and we haven't sent the papers yet..

ikhan1191

Apr 2, 2016
So. We just got married in July and thought we didn't plan it, Just found out my wife is pregnant.

She docent have a PR yet, she is here on a multi-visa and we are in the process of getting all the papers ready (actually just waiting for police clearance from Thailand..that thing is taking time) we have everything else. We are in Ontario, niagara falls

So first question is .... What can we do in terms of health care? i know she is not eligible for it so is there something we can do - an alternate option aside from Just paying from my pocket, from what i here its super costly. Is she eligible for health care IF we get the letter stating that her application is in process (i know we haven't submitted yet but still something good to know).

Secondly Like i mentioned we are only waiting for the police clearance. She has stayed in 3 countries and we got two and are waiting to receive the one. Can we just submit what we have and send the clearance for later? or will that impact the processing time.

looking forward for your replies, or even if you can point me to a thread that can help.

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
ikhan1191 said:
So. We just got married in July and thought we didn't plan it, Just found out my wife is pregnant.

She docent have a PR yet, she is here on a multi-visa and we are in the process of getting all the papers ready (actually just waiting for police clearance from Thailand..that thing is taking time) we have everything else. We are in Ontario, niagara falls

So first question is .... What can we do in terms of health care? i know she is not eligible for it so is there something we can do - an alternate option aside from Just paying from my pocket, from what i here its super costly. Is she eligible for health care IF we get the letter stating that her application is in process (i know we haven't submitted yet but still something good to know).
Ontario is one of the strictest provinces when it comes to healthcare. You will most likely not be able to get any healthcare for her during her pregnancy.

Also private medical insurance is very limited when you're already pregnant. Nothing will cover delivery, and only some special policies will cover emergencies related to pregnancy complications up to a certain time.

What you should do is contact any midwife offices close to you. Ontario midwives should offer care during pregnancy and delivery for free even if you aren't covered by OHIP. http://www.ontariomidwives.ca/midwife/q-a
This will cut down on costs significantly. If you use a regular doctor/OB for care and delivery, you can expect to pay upwards of $10,000 during the process, and even more if any complications arise.

Also has she done the medical yet for her PR application? If not, then since she isn't supposed to get the chest x-ray portion done while pregnant, this will delay the PR app even further. She can do all of the medical except the x-ray and submit PR app with that, and CIC will wait to complete the app until after delivery and doing the x-ray.

Secondly Like i mentioned we are only waiting for the police clearance. She has stayed in 3 countries and we got two and are waiting to receive the one. Can we just submit what we have and send the clearance for later? or will that impact the processing time.
Others have submitted the app without all police clearances, and submitted them later.

COPRQuestion

Aug 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-16
Doc's Request.
10-06-16
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
12-08-16
VISA ISSUED...
29-08-16
LANDED..........
12-09-16

Others have submitted the app without all police clearances, and submitted them later.

Support you on this one, some countries won't even release the police record until they have specific request from a consulate. I had to get two, my UK one I could order online and then delivered to me which I sent with my application. For HK, they will only release to the appropriate consulate once they seen written/email request.

Good luck!

ikhan1191

Apr 2, 2016
So if the PR goes on hold due to medical..and she is already in her 2nd month of her 6 of her visa.. does she have to leave Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ikhan1191 said:
So if the PR goes on hold due to medical..and she is already in her 2nd month of her 6 of her visa.. does she have to leave Canada?
No - she doesn't have to leave. She can just apply for an extension to her visit.

ikhan1191

Apr 2, 2016
one more thing

with this situation...likely possibility that me and my wife may have to go visit her home country for 2 weeks max earlier next year. Like I said she does have a multi-visa till 2019. Should it be fine for us to leave and comeback after sending out the application papers? do we have to wait till we get a letter saying that the application is in process?