AOR Received.
07-02-2018
Med's Request
15-06-2018
Med's Done....
29-06-2018
LANDED..........
25-10-2018
Hi all! I’m still learning as I go along. My US wife and I got AOR last week, linked the app same day, and submitted her Sch. A and PCC as well. Why are people sending their passport to Ottawa? Is it part of the PR process? If not, for what purpose please? I want to understand this. Instead of mailing, can one go to Ottawa in person and have it stamped? If so, what’s the address? Thanks in advance.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi all! I’m still learning as I go along. My US wife and I got AOR last week, linked the app same day, and submitted her Sch. A and PCC as well. Why are people sending their passport to Ottawa? Is it part of the PR process? If not, for what purpose please? I want to understand this. Instead of mailing, can one go to Ottawa in person and have it stamped? If so, what’s the address? Thanks in advance.
Ottawa office is the processing centre for Temporary Resident Visa applications submitted within Canada and Permanent Resident Visa applications from within Canada and the U.S. ONLY
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/case-processing-centre-ottawa-ontario.html
you don't have to go in person.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
People who need a visa to enter Canada have to send their passport. Your wife is visa-exempt, so she will not have to send hers.