+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why Second time Study Permit Rejection

apple36

Oct 13, 2013
Dear Experts,

I am a 31 years old male from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I first applied on April, 2013. At that time my younger sister also applied (she is 28). She got the visa but I was rejected. We both had get the letter of acceptance from Brock University, St. Catherines, Ontario in Master of International Accountancy which is 18 months program and the total program cost is Cad $35000.00 for each international students whose major was Accounting or at least have read 10 courses on Accounting in Bachelor Level. I had 14 core Accounting courses in my bachelor level.

Our father sponsored us and he showed cash equivalent to Cad $144,000.00 and fixed assets of Cad $521,000.00. In my account I showed cash equivalent to Cad $49,000.00 my sister did the same in her case.

MY Education Background--

BBA Major in Accounting in 2006 from University of Dhaka (GPA 3.07 out of 4.00)

MBA major in Accounting in 2007 from University of Dhaka and the result published in March, 2008 (GPA 3.65 out of 4.00)

IELTS in Jan 2013 7.00

I was in a private bank for 2 years and 5 Months and quit the job on Nov, 2011.

In my first apply in aprl 2013 in an explanation letter to CIC S'pore, I wrote that, to give full concentration in getting chance in studying abroad I quit the job. Hence I was unemployed during the time of my 1st application for TRV and Study permit. They gave my sister visa, She has the same education qualification that I have and during the application she was on study leave as a lecturer of Faculty of Business from a private university here in Dhaka, Bangladesh.

In my refusal letter the officer mentioned that-

1. I don't have enough fund to finance my education & living expense without working in Canada.

2. I couldn't able to satisfy the officer that I will leave Canada after finishing my study showing reason that-

I. I have low job prospects in my home country.

II. My then time job situation (at that time I was unemployed- my total job experience is from 15/06/2009-22/11/2011 as a banker but at present from last June, 2013 as an Account Executive in a private firm in Dhaka, Salary equivalent to Cad $581.00/month).

III. My personal Assets and my personal financial Status.

I also collected the CAIP Notes of my first refusal and it mentions that-

"Applicant has a MBA from University of Dhaka 2005 He was employed from June 2009 to Nov 2011. He indicates that he resigned to prepare for admission to college in Canada. Applicant graduated almost 6 years ago and has only a little over 2 years employment experience. His funds are coming from his parents and he appears to be not able to support himself which would be expected of someone 30 years old. BFS not established."

Seeing this I decided to rehabilitate these problems to go for a second attempt. I could have applied all by myself but what so ever as it is a very vital attempt for my future life prosperity so I hired Campbell Cohen law firm to prepare and place my study permit application on behalf of me. I thought this time I will see the success. To over come the problems that I faced first time I started searching for a job and by the grace of Almighty I got one and joined as an 'Account Executive' in a private steel manufacturing firm here in Dhaka from June, 2013. I also consolidated my personal account and during second time application, I showed fund equivalent to Cad $ 74,324.00 and it didn't come 2 weeks before into my account. The fund is absolutely mine and still stays there in today's date. Quite intact. Besides, my father, as my sponsor, showed cash equivalent to Cad $137,270.00 and fixed assets equivalent to Cad $439,190.00

But Alas!!! They have rejected me again. On 16 Jan, 2014, Campbell Cohen submitted my file and on 4th March, 2014 the CIC responded. This time they didn't say anything about my job or fund. They showed some new causes. Here they are--

1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your study and I have made this decision based on:

i) Your travel history ( I have only been to India couple of times before to accompany my father for his treatment and never stayed beyond the Visa limit).

ii) Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence (though my younger sister went for study but she couldn't continue as my mom suddenly became so sick. She had to return. But the University issued her a new letter of acceptance for the session 2014-2015 and she has a valid study permit and visa which validity has more than 1 year from now and she can go again. The program will start from next August, 2014 it does every year. I have my old parents here in my home country. I have a permanent job in my country since June, 2013, But still CIC thinks I would not leave Canada after my study, where I have mentioned in my study plan that this degree is solely for me to gather knowledge so that I can bag more superior job in my home country when I will return. and the last cause is--

iii) purpose of visit ( my sole purpose is to study, I wrote a very specific and very strong study plan. Gave reason why I chose Canada, Brock etc. what will be my benefit when I will return to my home country and so on. Campbell Cohen found it quite ok for submission).

I have decided that I will try for a last time as the program will start from Aug, 2014. This time all by myself. Explaining my overall situation. Why I need this degree so badly (though I have mentioned it already). Despite I believe they will reject me again.

Dear experts, it will be so kind of you, if you would please analysis my situation and tell me what I should do now and what went wrong.

Thanks for your kind consideration in advance.

Abdullah

apple36

Oct 13, 2013
Dear Jee786,

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate this a lot.

I could have applied for this degree 6 years back if and only if I had enough; I rather say adequate money to do so. My father was a govt. employee and despite having his son's huge intention to go for a Canadian Degree, he couldn't manage the finance. But in the year 2012 being a govt. employee (now retired) he was allotted a piece of land in the heart of Dhaka city and able to sold it in 2013 to fulfill his son’s dream to have a Canadian degree. I didn't have any money and I couldn't apply at the yearly days just after finishing my university graduation. In my application, I thoroughly explained all this and provided all necessary documents in support of my explanation to CIC. I told them every truth of my own regarding the pursuit of this degree.

You are telling that MBA has more value than Brock Degree! I will be so honored if you please check the job market of Bangladesh. To avail a good job in Bangladesh you must have a foreign degree. No alternate of this. Besides, I got my BBA and MBA from a Bangladeshi university which has a world ranking beyond first 2000 world ranking universities in this planet. How my MBA could have more value than Brock’s degree or any Canadian good ranking university’s degree. I don’t know. We have so many graduates who have passed from Bangladeshi universities and wandering having no job. If CIC don't consider things from the applicant's own country's social, economic and educational situation, then it is not probable for me to get a study permit approved by CIC.

Dear Sir, you have advised me to tell them the truth. Could you please further clarify this. I mean what truth and how. Should I go for a third time application? I don't know how I will be able to confirm them that I will leave Canada after finishing my study. I am the only male descendant of my old parents. In this particular age, from the very perspective of my own country, they are quite dependent on me. They have no one else to look after beside me. This is not like America or Canada where they don’t look after their parents when the parents get old. Because they have many more other arrangements where old parents can be taken care of without the descendant’s direct involvement. I told this too to cic that I will have to take care of my old parents and the properties that I will be inherited and they have no one else. I don't know how I could be able to make them understand that I really want to go for only study. And this degree will change my career forever when I return home. If I had adequate money then I could have applied for this degree 6 years back and at that time CIC wouldn't suspect me as a non-returnee. I don’t know how I make them understand this. Please advise me.

Another thing is I couldn’t get that term you wrote ‘January 2018’ Applicants. Waiting for your kind and prompt reply.

Regards.

Reactions: desperator7788

iamroth

Champion Member
Jan 26, 2013
Category........
App. Filed.......
23-03-2018
Sorry that they refused you twice.

People will argue with me for saying this - But I have seen from my experience that Visa officers tend to be tougher on MALE applicants. I am quite sure if we look at statistics, it will prove my point that Female applicants get more visas than males. Or should I say Female applicants get rejected less.

1) Travel history - this is not a big problem. When everything is OK, this will go away too. You can visit few more countries and get more Visa stamps on your passport, but i would not worry about it.

2) Family Ties - Most important problem. They have no problem giving you Visa, but they want to make sure you will comeback after. The question they will ask : "What will force him to comeback to Bangladesh afterwards? Is he married? Is he leaving his wife and child behind?". It is very tough to establish family ties. But a good idea is having real estate property on your name, letter from your employer saying 'you will have this job upon your return', a notarized sworn statement from you that you will leave Canada at the end of your education etc. This sworn statement will bind you to your words, and if you don't come back, Canada will be able to press charges on mis-representation.

3) Purpose of Visit - Is it possible for you to get in to a MBA program or PhD? Because they are thinking you are not a bona fide applicant. Since you already have a MBA, anything less than that will raise a red flag. What they are asking is for example, "Why is he applying for a 10K Job, when he already has a 20K Job?" I would advice you to get into a MBA program.

That's what I can think of right now. I hope you will get Visa next time.

Good luck!

Raisa Nazrana

Aug 29, 2014
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 July 2014
Nomination.....
06 Nov 2014(PER)
AOR Received.
18 Dec 2014
File Transfer...
21 Nov 2014
Med's Request
17 Dec 2015
Med's Done....
05 January 2016
Passport Req..
29 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
05 February 2016
LANDED..........
June/July
Dear Apple36,

Did you have success in the third attempt?????