+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why is Canada so tough on giving TRV to spouses?

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
Rules are made to break. Nobody is perfect.

Do whatever it takes to achieve your goal. That's what we are trying to do, making a wakeup call to bring changes to this OUTDATED Spousal sponsorship immigration process for outland and abolishing 179b for family members. Changes are hard to accept, but good for growth.

Canada Invested millions to attract international students from all around the world. Koods on that (I was one of the first few, when they started competing with Aus, NZ, and UK for Internaltion Students).
If that's how you feel, far be it from me to stop you or anyone else for that matter. You do so at your own risk. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out in your favour. We see it all the time on this forum. How many topics over the years that essentially mean the same thing:

"I screwed up. How do I fix it?"

And unfortunately there isn't always an answer.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul09

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
If that's how you feel, far be it from me to stop you or anyone else for that matter. You do so at your own risk. Just don't be surprised if it doesn't work out in your favour. We see it all the time on this forum. How many topics over the years that essentially mean the same thing:

"I screwed up. How do I fix it?"

And unfortunately there isn't always an answer.
All the time miracle happens (Applied for a Study visa (First time refused, said, "you not going to return after completing education) and now I'm Citizen :D) and it can work out in your favor. Do not hesitate to take chances, that's my advice to you and everyone else on these forums.

"I screwed up. Hmmmm, Let me try this"

There is always an answer, infact sometime multiple (you may saw it on Exams, choose all that are correct).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Do whatever it takes to achieve your goal. That's what we are trying to do, making a wakeup call to bring changes to this OUTDATED Spousal sponsorship immigration process for outland and abolishing 179b for family members. Changes are hard to accept, but good for growth.

Canada Invested millions to attract international students from all around the world. Koods on that (I was one of the first few, when they started competing with Aus, NZ, and UK for Internaltion Students).
Why is it outdated? There is pretty large percentage of application with very little in person relationship whether it be because of an arranged marriage or meeting online. If Canada allows all spouses to enter on a TRV the rate of spouses entering based on a marriage of convenience will increase. Either we need to make it easier to deport people or keep our tough standards to get all sorts of visas and permits. Getting a TRV to enter Canada is quite difficult for anyone.

Canada now competes for a share of international students. The students benefit because their is an easy way to secure PR through that route. Each benefit. Spouses of international students still aren’t guaranteed a visa or WP. Many get married after their spouse secures a study permit or when they have already started studying. Especially in the case of arranged marriages there has to be more scrutiny if there is little time in person or when a marriage pnly takes place once one spouse has secured a permit.

• Haha
Reactions: Paul09

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Why is it outdated? There is pretty large percentage of application with very little in person relationship whether it be because of an arranged marriage or meeting online. If Canada allows all spouses to enter on a TRV the rate of spouses entering based on a marriage of convenience will increase. Either we need to make it easier to deport people or keep our tough standards to get all sorts of visas and permits. Getting a TRV to enter Canada is quite difficult for anyone.
It is indeed outdated:-

Study permit, SPP (2008) before it was General application only (the fact is, after refusal in SPP, I had to go through a general application, where they check every little detail and chances to get a visa is minimum. I still got approval even after refusal)

Parents Grandparents sponsership - Super Visa got introduced - December 1, 2011 - (https://www.canada.ca/en/news/archive/2015/05/super-visa-hits-super-milestone.html). As this outdated system was taking so long to process family sponsership, they introduced Super Visa for parents/GP. Plus, they introduced a new PGP program. (I'm also currently part of this, 2019)

Open work permit pilot program for permanent residence applicants in the spouse or common-law partner in Canada - Introduced December 22, 2014

Most famous Express Entry - introduced 2015

Programs that need to be updated. Outland spousal sponsership (minimize the process to 3 months or abolish 179b, granting Special Visitor Visa for Spouses, similar to Super Visa)

Their may be many more programs that need an update (forums members can add), above are related to me.

Check my last post:

Do What You Gotta Do, to achieve best for you.

Canada now competes for a share of international students. The students benefit because their is an easy way to secure PR through that route. Each benefit. Spouses of international students still aren’t guaranteed a visa or WP. Many get married after their spouse secures a study permit or when they have already started studying. Especially in the case of arranged marriages there has to be more scrutiny if there is little time in person or when a marriage pnly takes place once one spouse has secured a permit.
Arranged marriages ???? Not all are set to achieve the Canada dream, but now you have mentioned, it a very common practice in sout asian countries.

So what, they are helping each other, one person has the funds and other have the skills (perfect for each other), as a matter of fact, they are just practicing Candian policies unknowingly, as you mentioned above (Canada gets the funds from international students, to buid the economy and students can secure PR through this route, no doubt they have to go through a lot, its not easy but at least they can come here fast). WIN WIN for both.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Many countries allow countries to deport people easily. Canada doesn’t so they make it harder to get into the country. What is on paper and what happens is not also necessarily the same.
Many countries allow countries to deport people easily? not sure what u meant by that :p
If a person is deported it means there was a very good reason for it, immigration doesn't just pluck people off the street to be deported for no good reason - anywhere in the world.
Canada should deport more people
- those spouses who were able to scam ircc and end up abandoning their sponsor soon after arrival or start abusing their sponsor by beating them with a rock (story on FB group today) - that should be an automatic DEPORTATION, no need for lengthy tribunals.

• Wow
Reactions: rrss13 and Paul09