+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why does PRTD application is taking too long? Urgent Urgent

minndem

Jan 15, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was just wandering if anyone have already applied for a Permanent Resident Travel Document in Dakar? If so, do you have any idea on how long it took to process ?
Because I submitted my application of a permanent resident on November 30th 2018 after becoming a PR on October 19th, 2018 (about 39 days of residency in Canada) and as of today January 27th, 2019 I never get my passport despite the email(s) with the prove of emergency for me to return to Canada (School, Medical, Job, bills...) no one have ever replied to me event for the Phone call at the embassy. When I go to Visa Application Center to ask them about and the only answer that can provide me is my application is still in Dakar, and asked to contact Dakar via email and/or phone number on their Website.
Is anyone know how to speed up the procedure because CIC has ruined my life...

Thank you very much any information will be very appreciate.

shabou

Feb 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was just wandering if anyone have already applied for a Permanent Resident Travel Document in Dakar? If so, do you have any idea on how long it took to process ?
Because I submitted my application of a permanent resident on November 30th 2018 after becoming a PR on October 19th, 2018 (about 39 days of residency in Canada) and as of today January 27th, 2019 I never get my passport despite the email(s) with the prove of emergency for me to return to Canada (School, Medical, Job, bills...) no one have ever replied to me event for the Phone call at the embassy. When I go to Visa Application Center to ask them about and the only answer that can provide me is my application is still in Dakar, and asked to contact Dakar via email and/or phone number on their Website.
Is anyone know how to speed up the procedure because CIC has ruined my life...

Thank you very much any information will be very appreciate.
Hi; any news about your case? Did you reveived the Permanent Resident Travel Document? If yes when? I plan to send my application very soon. Thanks

minndem

Jan 15, 2019
Hi; any news about your case? Did you reveived the Permanent Resident Travel Document? If yes when? I plan to send my application very soon. Thanks
Yes I received it on Wednesday 13th, 2019 and it took about 2 months and half. Since there is not an exact processing time for permanent Resident Travel Document. I recommend you to wait for your card unless you have plenty of time outside Canada

Shadyg

Oct 5, 2020
Yes I received it on Wednesday 13th, 2019 and it took about 2 months and half. Since there is not an exact processing time for permanent Resident Travel Document. I recommend you to wait for your card unless you have plenty of time outside Canada

Hi, what was the format of the travel document you received, was it a paper sent to you or a stamp on the passport, thank you!