+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Why do people keep staying CEC draws haven't happened in 3 years?

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
I'm a bit out of the loop but I myself got my PR through the CEC draw in 2022 November but keep seeing that CEC draws are not happening any more?

My sister is working as a digital operations person and has a score of 494. Can she apply under CEC with her one year work experience, or OINP or another stream? Any guidance on this would be helpful. It's crazy how fast things change in Canadian immigration and there is a lot of fear mongering lately (perhaps rightly so).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm a bit out of the loop but I myself got my PR through the CEC draw in 2022 November but keep seeing that CEC draws are not happening any more?

My sister is working as a digital operations person and has a score of 494. Can she apply under CEC with her one year work experience, or OINP or another stream? Any guidance on this would be helpful. It's crazy how fast things change in Canadian immigration and there is a lot of fear mongering lately (perhaps rightly so).
CEC only draws were during COVID when IRCC were accepting only those in Canada for PR. Now draws are back to being open. If she is eligible for OINP then find out which stream she is eligible for.

Last edited:
Reactions: agentorange_

SamDam

Star Member
Mar 5, 2024
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
17-11-2023

If you look at the latest draws, you'll find that the latest General (which covers CEC and other topics) draw was on April 23, 2024 of CRS score 529. That being said, IRCC CEC draws are still there.

Last edited:

milon45

Star Member
Jul 10, 2023
I'm a bit out of the loop but I got my PR through the CEC draw in 2022 November but keep seeing that CEC draws are not happening any more?

My sister is working as a digital operations person and has a score of 494. Can she apply under CEC with her one year work experience, or OINP or another stream Roadside Assistance? Any guidance on this would be helpful. It's crazy how fast things change in Canadian immigration and there is a lot of fear mongering lately (perhaps rightly so).
As of now, there have been periods when Canadian Experience Class (CEC) draws have been paused, but they do occur based on the needs of the Canadian government. Here’s what your sister can do:

Options for Your Sister
  1. Express Entry – CEC:
    • With a score of 494 and one year of Canadian work experience, she can create an Express Entry profile and be ready for any future CEC draws.
  2. Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs):
    • Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP): With her score, she stands a good chance of receiving an invitation if her occupation aligns with Ontario’s needs.
    • Other PNPs: Explore other provinces’ PNP streams based on her occupation and work experience.
  3. Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP):
    • If she has work experience outside Canada, she might also be eligible for FSWP under Express Entry.
Guidance
  1. Stay Updated:
    • Regularly check the IRCC website for updates on draws and invitations.
  2. Prepare Documentation:
    • Ensure all necessary documents are ready, such as proof of work experience, language test results, and educational credentials.
  3. Express Entry Profile:
    • Create and maintain an active Express Entry profile to be ready for any opportunities.
For the most accurate and personalized advice, consider consulting a licensed immigration consultant or lawyer.

• Love

agentorange_

Star Member
Mar 9, 2023
AOR Received.
25-11-2022
Thank you so much for your help @Naturgrl @SamDam @milon45 My sister just has another month to complete her 1 year Canadian work experience. Her OWP expires in October. In case she doesn't get an ITA, what are her options? I saw that people apply for Visitor record, etc, but she would want to continue her work and won't be able to as a visitor.

She can apply for a BOWP once she gets an ITA though right? What if she doesn't is my question.

I appreciate all your input, I have tried googling these myself and honestly information is so confusing.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you so much for your help @Naturgrl @SamDam @milon45 My sister just has another month to complete her 1 year Canadian work experience. Her OWP expires in October. In case she doesn't get an ITA, what are her options? I saw that people apply for Visitor record, etc, but she would want to continue her work and won't be able to as a visitor.

She can apply for a BOWP once she gets an ITA though right? What if she doesn't is my question.

I appreciate all your input, I have tried googling these myself and honestly information is so confusing.
If she doesn’t get ITA then she stops working. She can only continue working if her employer is willing to file and pay for a LMIA. The employer will have to post her job and meet requirements and prove no Canadian or PR could be hired. Then she can apply for a closed work permit. If she gets ITA, she can apply for BOWP once she applies for PR and receives AOR.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't know you'll talking about CEC draws not happening, While that may be true but I have talked to few people who are in CEC stream. They confirmed once you are in CEC pool and have good score, IRCC hand pick and send them ITA individually without announcing draws like normal.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I don't know you'll talking about CEC draws not happening, While that may be true but I have talked to few people who are in CEC stream. They confirmed once you are in CEC pool and have good score, IRCC hand pick and send them ITA individually without announcing draws like normal.
What? If your score is high enough you get an ITA. Can be CEC or FSW as draws are open.