+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WHP health Insurance- BC MSP

roryb

Apr 26, 2011
Hi,

My wife and I are moving to Vancouver on may 3rd on working holiday visas under the international experience canada program.
The IEC program states that we must provide proof of health insurance coverage for the duration of our stay upon entry.
I understand that we are eligible for BC residents Medical services plan after the 3month waiting period and am wondering if proof of 3months private insurance and our eligibility for BC MSP will suffice?

It says on the msp website that people with work permits are eligible for MSP. Is this true for the IEC working visas?

thanks, Rory.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you want to know if you will get MSP coverage, why not ask MSP. You can find them here: http://www.health.gov.bc.ca/msp/infoben/contacts.html

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to get MSP you don't have to buy private medical insurance. It covers medical emergency only but you need to buy it for yourself and your family.
In most cases you won't be elegible for MSP as a participant of IEC program. You should verify it with MSP and welcome to buy medical insurance from me.