+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Who would sign / is necessary URGENT PLEASE

davidx

Feb 12, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am protected person in Canada. Now I am going to apply for PR I have some questions, I will appreciate your help.

Firstly, I have positive decision from court. and my wife got visitor visa and landed to Canada after I got decision.

There are some documents should be filled for both of us as like "SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION, ADDITIONAL FAMILY INFORMATION and PROTECTED PERSON AND CONVENTIONAL REFUGEES"

So I have filled these 3 type docs for both us and I signed them all by myself.

Here my first question is, "should my wife sign her documents by herself" I am confused because some people whose family is abroad and not able to come to Canada before PR, were signed all docs by themselves and they got their PR. However my situation kinda different my wife is here but with visitor visa.
PS: she is not refugee claimant, she's visitor visa.

Second question of mine is my wife came to Canada to visit me for less than a month period. Should we write this on her address section on SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION.

Thank you

David

davidx

Feb 12, 2019
You should sign all the forms as you are the principal applicant.
Unsure about your 2nd question, could you rephrase please?
Thank you for your fast respond.

my second question is, on the SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION form we should write all addresses where we have been in last 10 years. so when I am filling my wife's address declaration for last 10 years, should I write her visit to Canada. She came Canada and visited me for around a month long. then she turned back to her country. after I got my decision from court she came again and now we live together.
so should I write her earlier visit to Canada on the address declaration section? why I am asking this because the visit period was not more than 6 months.

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Thank you for your fast respond.

my second question is, on the SCHEDULE A BACKGROUND DECLARATION form we should write all addresses where we have been in last 10 years. so when I am filling my wife's address declaration for last 10 years, should I write her visit to Canada. She came Canada and visited me for around a month long. then she turned back to her country. after I got my decision from court she came again and now we live together.
so should I write her earlier visit to Canada on the address declaration section? why I am asking this because the visit period was not more than 6 months.
Of course you should include it. Make sure all the information your include is accurate as any discrepancies might delay your application and might lead to a criminal proceeding (misrepresentation) by the federal government in the future. Also, I would advise you to make sure that your wife status doesn't expire while she is in Canada, I believe there is a way she can apply for a work permit at some point when you send your application. I would advise you to call immigration tomorrow morning and tell them that your wife is here as a visitor and that you are a protected person, ask them how your wife can stay here with you while your permanent residence applications are being processed. I wish you and your spouse all the best in Canada. Cheers!

davidx

Feb 12, 2019
Of course you should include it. Make sure all the information your include is accurate as any discrepancies might delay your application and might lead to a criminal proceeding (misrepresentation) by the federal government in the future. Also, I would advise you to make sure that your wife status doesn't expire while she is in Canada, I believe there is a way she can apply for a work permit at some point when you send your application. I would advise you to call immigration tomorrow morning and tell them that your wife is here as a visitor and that you are a protected person, ask them how your wife can stay here with you while your permanent residence applications are being processed. I wish you and your spouse all the best in Canada. Cheers!
Thank you, for your answer and advice. really helpful. :)
have a great day

Skyline2019

Feb 14, 2019
@davidx hi , ineed some info regarding yr wife visitor visa... did she applied as your spouse and got her visa? How long did she stayed here with you. I hve a same case but here my husband is back at my country

davidx

Feb 12, 2019
@davidx hi , ineed some info regarding yr wife visitor visa... did she applied as your spouse and got her visa? How long did she stayed here with you. I hve a same case but here my husband is back at my country
my wife and me are from different nations so she does not required visa to Canada. Sorry that I could not help you.