NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2012
LANDED..........
26-12-2009
pinay81 said:
Hi guys, just a quick question. Who process the LMO, is it the employer itself or the agency?
Employer

pinay81

May 28, 2012
Im confused, when i asked the agency who will process the LMO, its them. And when I followed up my LMO, they said that they are still waiting for the other documents fro my employer to process the LMO. I am so much confused.

carlopop

Star Member
Jun 18, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
AOR Received.
15-08-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
17-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-04-2013
LANDED..........
08-11-2013
The Employer fills out the application and sends it to HRSDC, who processes the application and notifies the employer of the status.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Check the official website when you are in doubt. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/employers/lmo-basics.asp

Labour Market Opinion Basics

As an employer, you must apply for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) before you can hire a foreign worker or get pre-approval to hire a large number of workers.

A positive Labour Market Opinion will show that there is a need for the foreign worker to fill the job you offer and that there is no Canadian worker available to do the job.

You can find more information about LMOs and application forms on the Temporary Foreign Worker Program website.

Learn about:
•The basics of a Labour Market Opinion (LMO)
•Pre-approval to hire foreign workers

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Well your prospective employer probably got the services of an agency to head hunt for them so it's the agency that's going to submit the application once all the requirements from the employer are in their hands. Just my two cents.

pinay81 said:
Im confused, when i asked the agency who will process the LMO, its them. And when I followed up my LMO, they said that they are still waiting for the other documents fro my employer to process the LMO. I am so much confused.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
All the answers you've been given are right. It was just the way you wrote your question that made me wonder if your agency was legitimate. Don't mean to upset you, but just be sure they aren't stringing you along. How long has it been that you are waiting? If the employer has to post an advertisement for a minimum 14 days before they can apply for LMO that can obviously take time, but you'd think they did that before approaching the agency. They also have to provide a number of company documents, so that is possibly the issue. You would think that an employer who was unable to get employees locally would be trying to cooperate quickly with the agency THEY ARE PAYING TO FIND THEM EMPLOYEES. All the best.

pinay81

May 28, 2012
@pipin, yes the agency is legitimate, i have a lot of friends who applied thru the same agency, my friend told me that its also the employer who will cause the delay of LMO.