+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which path to take

andrei.belkin

Feb 3, 2024
Hello!

I am a citizen of Canada, born and grown in the Quebec province.
I'm married to a woman from Russia, our marriage was officially and legally registered in Russia.
My wife has a 7-year-old child from her previous marriage, whom I haven't adopted yet, so she's officially my step-daughter. My wife is also pregnant, we just discovered that today.
As of today, we are in Georgia, but we could apply and do the entire processing from Turkey.

I want to bring my wife and step-daughter to Canada, for all the reasons you can imagine: better quality of life, safety, brighter future for the four of us, etc. I want my family to live with me, and I want my child to be a citizen of Canada like me.
Note: I am not planning to reside in the QC province any further. We have planned a relocation to Alberta.

Theoretically, I see multiple possible paths from here: family sponsorship, visitor visa for giving birth, visitor visa for a family visit (my wife visiting me), maybe applying for sponsorship while in Canada on that visitor visa.

Can anybody please recommend a surefire way for us to get to Canada before my wife gives birth?
Is it maybe possible to combine these arguments together? Us being married, me being a full-fledged citizen, her having a 7-year-old child who will grow up and be part of Canada, my wife being pregnant, the fact that I, citizen of Canada, want my child to also be Canadian citizen, and the fact that our child will grow up and be part of Canada.

Thank you!

Last edited:

andrei.belkin

Feb 3, 2024
I want to add that we can and will both work in Canada to sustain ourselves. I can also vouch for my wife, if need be. We have where to stay, we have jobs, we have money, we have acquaintances, friends and family in Canada.