+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Which is best city to move in ONTARIO

parkarasif

Star Member
May 2, 2008
To

HMISABPK,

Hi , I went through all of your posting,THANK U great work and effort .

It is our time to move to CANADA, we did our landing on MAR 2010 and returned to USA.I have few question,

1) Which is better place to move in ONTARIO ,where we can find some desi crowd , economical lifestyle and job market.

2) How to find apartments ,condo or duplex.( Could u explain what type of residence is available, and what is difference between them?)

3) What is best way to move from USA, should we get all household stuff?

I live in TEXAS.

Hope to get some help from u .

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
parkarasif said:
To

HMISABPK,

Hi , I went through all of your posting,THANK U great work and effort .

It is our time to move to CANADA, we did our landing on MAR 2010 and returned to USA.I have few question,

1) Which is better place to move in ONTARIO ,where we can find some desi crowd , economical lifestyle and job market.

2) How to find apartments ,condo or duplex.( Could u explain what type of residence is available, and what is difference between them?)

3) What is best way to move from USA, should we get all household stuff?

I live in TEXAS.

Hope to get some help from u .
Check the following threads:-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t31291.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t66734.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t66864.0.html

R

rishabshanker

@ parkarasif

Some of the cities in Ontario which have high desi population are Brampton, Mississauga, Toronto areas like Scarborough, Markham etc. I mentioned Desi population because I saw asking for areas with desi crowd in another post. As a suggestion dont go to areas with Desi crowd when you land, you will get more negativity than support. You have lived in the US which is far away from the Indian Subcontinent (India,Pakistan,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) make a little more effort and try to make it on your own in Canada. The IT jobs in Toronto are all mostly centered around the financial services industry, if you have BFSI experience you will land a job soon. Be open to contracting rather than focussing only on permanent jobs. Lots of contract employment agencies are there in Toronto who will help you. some of them are Eagle, Procom, Randstadt, Ian Martin Group, etc If you have Oil & Gas industry experience then you will get good jobs in Calgary, Edmonton etc.

for apartments in Canadian cities you can search on www.craigslist.ca

if you want info from a desi perspective then try sites like www.eknazar.com, www.sulekha.com look for the Canada section and you will get all the desi info you want. you can also look at other forums like www.loonlounge.com

All the best & God Bless
Rishab

R

rishabshanker

I lived in Safehomestay in North York for 2 months and in my relative's place in Hamilton for a month. I now live in Irving Texas

All the best & God bless
Rishab