+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

which city is best?

Ms.PR

Jul 26, 2014
Hi dear,

Last month i received my Visa after long waiting period.

So, we decided to settle in Canada in April this year. Still we couldn't exactly decide our destination city. Among Calgary , Edmonton & Toronto which city is best for living with green environment, good climate & in the sense of money.
If you are in these cities, please guide us with your valuable experience.

Thanks..

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In terms of green, grass in Toronto is the most green. I find the color of grass in Calgary very yellowish.

However, the climate of both cities are bad compare to Vancouver, BC which still enjoys double digits in temperature.

Sense of money would be depending where you compare with.

digitalgame

Jul 20, 2011
Hi,

Calgary is best for jobs compare with all other cities. However, Vancouver weather is best but calgary is better than Toronto because i lived in all three cities.

Thanks,

imran364

Sep 8, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
for Desi People interms of Job or business which city is best ?

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are going to work and not only staying at welfare, you should take in consideration the job market related to your job.

ashpillai

May 4, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Med's Request
02-01-2015
Med's Done....
05-01-2015
Passport Req..
25-02-2015
Your question is very subjective.... It all depends on what are your parameters for judging a city.... If it is employment opportunities and jobs, without a doubt Toronto it is. Vancouver is usually a choice for people looking to avoid the dreaded Canadian winters. Vancouver and most of BC is exquisitely beautiful too! But if you chose Vancouver, be warned of winter rains. Some say heavy snow is better than a very wet winter! Calgary was good overall but the depressed oil prices has shaved off a lot of jobs and job opportunities. Calgary by the way is the "sunniest" city in Canada... Nearby Edmonton is also facing a toughened job market.

We wanted to go to Vancouver but ended up in Toronto in June this year. A great city with a lot of affordable satellite townships. Very diverse and multi racial. Almost every second person seems to be foreign born, that may make assimilation easier...

If you have to chose, chose between Toronto and Vancouver...

How should you chose??? Ask yourselves these questions...

Do you have any friend or relative in any of these cities who can accommodate you for a few weeks?
This makes a lot of difference.... Not only financially, but socially as well. First couple of weeks you will just spend time trying to get over your jet lag, make sense of the electrical switches and water less toilets! ;D....... During this time if someone can house you, feed you and once in while drive you around or even explain the local public transport, life will become a lot easier for you!

How scared are you of the winters?

I was scared and let me tell you it does get cold here in Toronto! Imagine we have already had "flurries" (very light snow) few weeks back. But you need to understand few things about the cold. Inside homes and apartments, it is always warm due to the heating. In fact in apartments, it gets unduly warm sometimes! Temps. keep fluctuating... Sometimes it becomes very warm like it was today and a couple of weeks ago it was chillingly cold. But inside, you have no issues. Even outdoors, if you are dressed appropriately, you will find it pretty bearable. More than the cold, it is the wind tha gets you and once you reach, you will learn how to cope with both cold and the wind... You will learn new brands like, Northface, H&M, Canada Goose, Marmot, Arcteryx.... You will see stores like the MEC... Google them for fun! In fact we enjoy the cold now! .... So.... Dont let cold be the only deciding factor... It is not as bad it seems! But if you are 100% sure you will to be able to bear it, chose Vancouver

But if employment opportunities are the deciding factor then Toronto should be the first choice. Once you are able to get a job and gain some experience, then you can always try moving around. But for a start, Toronto is (right now) a better choice...

Nov 9, 2015
Great read just a quick question,

Can I pick up PR cards of my family if they leave in 15 days of first entry?

The senario is (what i want it to be if possible)

I land with my family
They leave in 15 20 days
I pick up their PR cards stay for 6 months
Go back with the PR cards and come back with family again to keep 2 out of 5 years until issues in home country are resolved and we can permanently move to canada

Please help and guide

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trekkingcanada said:
Great read just a quick question,

Can I pick up PR cards of my family if they leave in 15 days of first entry?

The senario is (what i want it to be if possible)

I land with my family
They leave in 15 20 days
I pick up their PR cards stay for 6 months
Go back with the PR cards and come back with family again to keep 2 out of 5 years until issues in home country are resolved and we can permanently move to canada

Please help and guide
PR cards arrive on mail .... who is going to stop you from picking up all PR cards?

krishnalynn

May 15, 2015
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2015
AOR Received.
23-12-2015
File Transfer...
08-01-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 15-04-2016
steaky said:
In terms of green, grass in Toronto is the most green. I find the color of grass in Calgary very yellowish.
This totally depends when you go! Calgary and the mountains are very green in summer, but not so nice in Oct through April :p Never been to Toronto but usually the grass turns pretty yellow after the snow.