+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where's the best place to live in BC?

imogen24

Jul 12, 2009
Hi, I am a newbie at this, can someone please tell me where is the best place to live in British Columbia?
Me and my family will be moving there in 2010 and I just want to get an opinion from people who have first-hand experience regarding this matter.
Thank you in advance to anyone who would care to answer my question.

Odeks

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Ur job determine an area to live in BC province.If u are a Geologist,its okay to live bcos there a lot of activities around the Northwest area.

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It all depends on you...... Your job, financial status, the weather conditions which suits you.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
All posts contain good caveats; people have different lifestyles and criteria, and so they don't all live in the same neighbourhood.

I am retired hence flexible in where I live; no job ties me to one place. I also like to sail small boats.

Marinas catering to small boats are rare in the Vancouver area, and the protected harbour means that windy days are few. Much better on Vancouver Island -- of you are not a big-city person.

West Van is certainly one of the nicer areas, but you'll get an 800 square foot condo for $350,000 plus; a little less in Burnaby.

But you can get nice places a little larger in size and with a view in Nanaimo (on Vancouver Island ) and maybe even Sydney for $100,000 less. And the sailing is better. But, the trip to Vancouver (if you need to go) takes 2 hours by ferry plus an hour in bus. Plus waiting times.

It all depends on what you want, balanced with what you can afford.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Toby is right. You should to understand your situation: family, finance, lifestyle.