+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to send my CEC application?

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
Hi all,

I am confused and seek your help. I have outlined my questions as follows.

Q1. Does CEC fall under economic class?

Q2. I am a citizen of Pakistan and currently in Pakistan. I am not sure where to send my visa application? The bulletin on www-cic-gc-ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob198.asp states applicants from Pakistan that fall under the following economic classes (Quebec skilled workers, provincial nominees, entrepreneurs, self-employed and investors) will submit their applications to the Canadian High Commission in London, United Kingdom for processing. I am not sure it includes CEC. I email Islamabad, Pakistan and they said they are no more handling immigration applications. I browsed the London website but could not find any information on how to submit CEC application and how to deposit the fee.

Q3. In the application form IMM 0008, what do I write under "Visa Office Requested for Process of Your application".

It seems there is not enough information available for CEC if you are not applying from within Canada. Can anyone please answer my qyestions?

Thanks

natali

Jan 15, 2010
I believe all CEC applications are only processed in Buffalo and later they transfer your file to different consulate if they are over loaded with applications. Furthermore, I believe you are aware of the requirements that you need to have either "2 years of studies and 1 year of work experience under Skill level 0, A or B or 2 years of work experience in skill level 0, A or B" both need to gained in canada.

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
@natali .. thanks for the reply. I have complete my 2years M.Sc from Canada and after that worked for 1.5 years as a Software Developer so I am pretty sure this makes me eligible for CEC.

The only confusing thing is where to send my application?

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
Zomby,

Yes, CEC is an economic class and the application will be processed and concluded by Buffalo. However, you should send your application to the London Visa Office which will do some preliminary processing as follows:

The London Visa Office will review your application for completeness, recover the processing fees, create a CEC file and send you an AOR (if all is OK). They will then transfer the paper file to Buffalo office which will create the B-file number but maintain the date the application was received at the London Visa Office. The application will then follow the normal procedures.

Essat

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Essat said:
Zomby,

Yes, CEC is an economic class and the application will be processed and concluded by Buffalo. However, you should send your application to the London Visa Office which will do some preliminary processing as follows:

The London Visa Office will review your application for completeness, recover the processing fees, create a CEC file and send you an AOR (if all is OK). They will then transfer the paper file to Buffalo office which will create the B-file number but maintain the date the application was received at the London Visa Office. The application will then follow the normal procedures.

Essat
Read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob198.asp

Essat

Star Member
Sep 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles, USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-March-2010
AOR Received.
13-May-2010
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
To LA on 10-Nov-2010
Med's Request
08-12-2010
Med's Done....
14-01-2011, sent 26-01-2011
Passport Req..
13-April-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2011
LANDED..........
05-Jun-2011
PMM,

The bulletin says exactly what I wrote - That 'all Canadian experience class applications will continue to be processed at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo, New York, regardless of where the application is submitted'. The question for Zomby is where s/he should submit the application. In case s/he doesn't qualify to send the application direct to Buffalo, his only other option is the local visa office serving his/her current residence.

It could be an oversight from CIC regarding CEC applications because their initial intention was that all economic classes be processed in London - that's why they listed Quebec skilled workers, provincial nominees, entrepreneurs, self-employed and investors, with the knowledge that FSW applications have to be sent to CIO Noca Scotia first and so their only clarification was that FSW should then be sent to London after CIO, but did not exactly clarify where CEC applications should be sent.

Now that Islamabad says they will not handle any immigration applications (according to their reply to Zomby's email), Zomby's only other option is London if s/he doesn't qualify to send the application direct to Buffalo.

Essat.

zomby

Jun 3, 2010
thanks Essat and PMM .. so my only option is to send it to London UK and lets hope they process it.