+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

where to send medical forms

moo48

Jan 17, 2010
Hi Everyone! I'm new here, and I'm so happy to have found this website, because I have a lot of questions, and you all seem to have all the answers!

So I just went to the doctor to have my medicals done, and everything went well, exept he asked me where I wanted them to be sent. I thought the guide said that the DMP would know where to send the forms. I am in Buffalo, NY, so I am assuming my papers will be sent to the Buffalo office for processing, but do I tell him to send them to Buffalo, or Missisauga, or what? He seemed to think I should already have a file number (I haven't sent my application yet), and said that if I didn't know where to send the medical info, he has to send it to Ottawa (I think that's the city he said). He said I should call him back and let him know. What should I tell him?

Swede

Aug 18, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, England
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009-10-27
File Transfer...
2009-11-12
Med's Done....
2009-08-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
2010-01-22
VISA ISSUED...
2010-01-20
LANDED..........
2010-03-05
moo48 said:
Hi Everyone! I'm new here, and I'm so happy to have found this website, because I have a lot of questions, and you all seem to have all the answers!

So I just went to the doctor to have my medicals done, and everything went well, exept he asked me where I wanted them to be sent. I thought the guide said that the DMP would know where to send the forms. I am in Buffalo, NY, so I am assuming my papers will be sent to the Buffalo office for processing, but do I tell him to send them to Buffalo, or Missisauga, or what? He seemed to think I should already have a file number (I haven't sent my application yet), and said that if I didn't know where to send the medical info, he has to send it to Ottawa (I think that's the city he said). He said I should call him back and let him know. What should I tell him?
The place the doctor wants is the one where your application will be processed, e.g. Buffalo.

Corofino

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Swede said:
The place the doctor wants is the one where your application will be processed, e.g. Buffalo.
oh, oh. I hope the doctor I went to didn't make a mistake.
I did my medicals in Canada but we are applying outland through Berlin. My doctor sent my results to Ottawa even though I mentioned several times that we would apply through Berlin. She said that they would all go to Ottawa first.

Is that true? If not, is there anything I can do?

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
If you have not applied yet, then the results of the medical exam are sent to the regional medical office. They wait there until a visa office requests them - they use the IMM 1017 form that you will send with your application to locate the results and so know where to request them from.

The regional medical office responsible for North America is in Ottawa, so the results should be sent to Ottawa. If you send them to Buffalo, they won't know what to do with them and you take the risk of them being misplaced.

Here's a list of the regional medical offices:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp

Corofino, your doctor did the right thing, don't worry about it. Berlin will ask Ottawa for the results when they need them.

Corofino

Aug 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mitamata said:
Corofino, your doctor did the right thing, don't worry about it. Berlin will ask Ottawa for the results when they need them.
thank you, mitamata. I was really worried after reading this post.
Originally they gave me the wrong form and I had to tell them that there must be a difference between inland and outland forms. So it wouldn't have really surprised me if they had made another mistake.

have a nice day!

apache

Star Member
Jan 9, 2010
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Oct 2008
Doc's Request.
04 Jun 2009
File Transfer...
09 Jun 2009
Med's Request
15 Dec 2009
Med's Done....
20 Jan, 29 Jan
Passport Req..
13 May 2010
VISA ISSUED...
21 Jun 2010
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2010
to moo48

i think you should have first submitted your application, then waited for the the request for medical exams to arrive. because 1st, you need the request from visa office as this has your file number and your picture stamped by visa office, and 2nd, your visa will only be effective one year from the date of your first medical exam

by the way, you're applying under what category?

hope this helps.

good luck

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
apache, that is how it works for other types of applications (student visa, skilled worker and the like). In the case of sponsoring a partner or children, the medical has to be done BEFORE the application is filed. The form confirming the medical was done is a required part of the initial application.
This is probably to expedite the issuance of the visa - the processing times are shorter, so in most cases the medical does not expire before the person lands.

Corofino, the medical exams are the same for inland and outland applications. Yes, the forms are slightly different, but it doesn't make a difference in this case. I've heard people of people who did the medical when intending to apply inland but then decided to apply outland instead and the inland medical form was still accepted.

moo48

Jan 17, 2010
Thank you so much for your help, mitamata! I feel much better now. I will call the Dr. and tell him its ok to send it to Ottawa. He just seemed so uncertain, but if it's different for different classes, and the doc sees them all, he has a right to be confused!