+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to quarantine ?

*Linda12

Sep 25, 2021
Hello , just want to ask - my boyfriend is visiting me here in winnipeg- we already have the visa and written authorization letter. He is now planning his quarantine as his 2 vaccines are sinovac.
He will be landing in vancouver and final destination will be in Winnipeg. Do he need to quarantine for 14 days in Vancouver before bording the flight to Winnipeg ? Or is he allowed to take his connecting flight to winnipeg and just do the quarantine here in winnipeg?

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello , just want to ask - my boyfriend is visiting me here in winnipeg- we already have the visa and written authorization letter. He is now planning his quarantine as his 2 vaccines are sinovac.
He will be landing in vancouver and final destination will be in Winnipeg. Do he need to quarantine for 14 days in Vancouver before bording the flight to Winnipeg ? Or is he allowed to take his connecting flight to winnipeg and just do the quarantine here in winnipeg?
He can quarantine in Winnipeg.

*Linda12

Sep 25, 2021
Thank you! So when he arrived in vancouver airport he will do the swab test and will be allowed to board his flight to winnipeg?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes he should be able to travel to Winnipeg if he is admitted into Canada. You will need to show that he has a quarantine location where he will have no contact with non-travellers including you. If you live in a home and if you have a basement with a bathroom that would be an appropriate quarantine location. Otherwise you usually end up needing to rent an Airbnb.

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
Hi, I would be travelling by air with unvaccinated Kids between 12 and 17. Myself and my wife are fully vaccinated with approved vaccine from Canada Government. I understand that my kids will have to Quarantine for 14 days, but are we also supposed to quarantine and not move out during this period.

Meenakshi Sharma

Mar 20, 2019
Hi, I would be travelling by air with unvaccinated Kids between 12 and 17. Myself and my wife are fully vaccinated with approved vaccine from Canada Government. I understand that my kids will have to Quarantine for 14 days, but are we also supposed to quarantine and not move out during this period.
I have same situation like you, having kids 12 and 15 years. Could you please tell me, are we also quarantine with kids or not ?
We plan to travel in Feb and which is the best route for traveling?

CanICT

Star Member
Jun 19, 2021
If you are fully vaccinated, you are not supposed to Quarantine. Just make sure that you get green stickers pasted on your passport at the airport. Your kids will have to quarantine.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you are fully vaccinated, you are not supposed to Quarantine. Just make sure that you get green stickers pasted on your passport at the airport. Your kids will have to quarantine.
If your kids are quarantining and you are quarantining with them you should be remaining at home with them because of you go out in public their quarantine time is somewhat pointless.