+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Where to apply for TWP???

caliope

Jan 19, 2010
I'm getting confused about where to send the application for a TWP. Here's the situation - US citizen in Canada 'visiting' finds and secures a job then gets a positive LMO.

Do you simply go to a POE and submit your application or do you have to send it to a Visa office responsible for your country (US, there are about 4 or 5 offices I think)? If you just go to the border with proof of your positive LMO and the other required documentation is your work permit issued then? Somehow I doubt it. I do know that to actually PICK UP your work permit you go to a POE but just want clarification on where to submit the application in the first place.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
caliope said:
I'm getting confused about where to send the application for a TWP. Here's the situation - US citizen in Canada 'visiting' finds and secures a job then gets a positive LMO.

Do you simply go to a POE and submit your application or do you have to send it to a Visa office responsible for your country (US, there are about 4 or 5 offices I think)? If you just go to the border with proof of your positive LMO and the other required documentation is your work permit issued then? Somehow I doubt it. I do know that to actually PICK UP your work permit you go to a POE but just want clarification on where to submit the application in the first place.
Yes, go to the POE closest to you and get your WP from there, that is if you don't need TRV to enter Canada.

caliope

Jan 19, 2010
Thanks job_seeker! That just seems too easy for some reason. No TRV needed as this is for a US citizen. I guess you would send your application to a Visa office if you couldn't physically get to a POE and then pick up your work permit when you arrive in Canada. Hopefully I've got it all straight now, thanks again!