+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When to have my medical exam??

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Hello people!

I'm a spanish girl, living in canada with my canadian husband. We just got married and we are gonna apply for the spouse in canada class. My question is: when should i get my medical examination done?? before sending all the stuff (forms, documents, etc) or will they tell me when to do it?? should I arrange a date with the doctor even though I haven't sent anything yet and the send the receipt with everything?? How long does it take to get the medical exam done??

THANK YOU SO MUCH you people are sooooo helpfull!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lauryn said:
Hello people!

I'm a spanish girl, living in canada with my canadian husband. We just got married and we are gonna apply for the spouse in canada class. My question is: when should i get my medical examination done?? before sending all the stuff (forms, documents, etc) or will they tell me when to do it?? should I arrange a date with the doctor even though I haven't sent anything yet and the send the receipt with everything?? How long does it take to get the medical exam done??

THANK YOU SO MUCH you people are sooooo helpfull!

Read the instructions, you submit the police certificates and the medical examination receipt with the application.

PMM

Lauryn

Aug 16, 2007
Thanks PMM...
Do you know if they take too long to make an appointment?? I'm startin to think that this is gonna take forever and i didn't start the process yet... my visitor visa expires on february the 28th, we are going to apply for an extension of my visa... what do u guys think?? Will they give it to me??
I'm so scared of everything, i don't wanna be an illegal immigrant but i wanna be with my husband...

PRS

Apr 3, 2006
I got my medical exam done in Ottawa. I looked on the CIC website at the list of medical practitioners and called around. Some didn't have appointments for a month or so, but the one place had an appointment for me the following week. I had this done this past August. I also had to take along 4 Canadian sized passport photos, so be sure to ask the Dr. what photos are required.