Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2012
AOR Received.
28-06-2012
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
On average, how far along in the process for Spousal Sponsorship is the Medical Exam requested?

I plan to move back to Canada with my Irish wife in approx. 2 years time. When should we begin the whole process of Spousal Sponsorship?

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In spousal applications.
You submit the Section A medical IMM1017 with your application.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rids said:
On average, how far along in the process for Spousal Sponsorship is the Medical Exam requested?

I plan to move back to Canada with my Irish wife in approx. 2 years time. When should we begin the whole process of Spousal Sponsorship?
start gathering information now.
Are you married now? Just checked you are.

You can start when you want.

Have a read here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html;msg344291#msg344291

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
As Baloo has told you. You will need to include the Medical Exam with the submission of your application for PR status. I recommend getting it done as close to the time you are submitting your application because otherwise if you get it done too early you may be asked to take another one during the process adding extra money to be spent later and adding a few months delay. The medical is valid for 12 months from when you get it done just in case you are wondering. Also make sure you get the medical done in accordance to how you are having it processed. Outland and Inland have different ways of submitting proof of medical so make sure you know which is which.

Also, I can't really recommend a good time to start doing your application because in 2 years time I am sure the process will be completely different and perhaps even more expensive/stricter. They are already looking into the process of changing over the current format to giving probationary visas in this year instead of immediately obtaining PR status. So for now I would just recommend savings up documents to prove the genuineness of your relationship and then when it gets close to 6 months to when you expect to submit it, collect the forms and do more research to make sure you are up to date on the current process at that time then include your documents and send it with lots of luck. For now take your time, enjoy your marriage, and keep collecting evidence until your ready.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
rids said:

It takes from a month to 45 days for Mississauga to process the sponsorship application, and then the application will be sent to London, which takes 9 months or so to finish the processing. These times will change, presumably, before you submit, but will probably be roughly the same.
So I would send in your application about 11 months before you want your wife to come to Canada.
Meanwhile gather all the evidence you can that your relationship is genuine. Take lots of photos, and get evidence that you are living together.