+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When should i apply for Immigration?

muzi

Apr 9, 2006
Hyderabad, India
Hi!

I’m MBA student with 4 yrs of part –time work experience (full time in summer vacations – i.e. mid April to mid June)
My education
1. Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE) its 3 years Diploma Course
2. Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) its 3 years Bachelor Degree course
3. Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance its 2 years Master Degree course I’m going to third semester soon. I’ll be finishing my MBA course in June 2007.
So my total years of study will be 12+3+3+2 = 20

I got 4 maternal uncles 2 are Canadian citizen and 2 hold Permanent Residence and 5 maternal aunties all are Canadian citizen; Even my maternal Grandmother was Canadian citizen but she pass away in 2002 in Mississauga.

One of aunty want me to file for Canadian immigration now she told me that it take 2 to 3 years to get immigration, till then you will get you master degree and 1 or 2 years full time work experience but one of uncle want me to file after my MBA course.

1. What should I do apply now or after MBA degree?
2. Should I file by myself or by immigration consultancy which is the best and fast way to get the immigration?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

muzi said:
Hi!

I’m MBA student with 4 yrs of part –time work experience (full time in summer vacations – i.e. mid April to mid June)
My education
1. Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE) its 3 years Diploma Course
2. Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) its 3 years Bachelor Degree course
3. Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance its 2 years Master Degree course I’m going to third semester soon. I’ll be finishing my MBA course in June 2007.
So my total years of study will be 12+3+3+2 = 20

I got 4 maternal uncles 2 are Canadian citizen and 2 hold Permanent Residence and 5 maternal aunties all are Canadian citizen; Even my maternal Grandmother was Canadian citizen but she pass away in 2002 in Mississauga.

One of aunty want me to file for Canadian immigration now she told me that it take 2 to 3 years to get immigration, till then you will get you master degree and 1 or 2 years full time work experience but one of uncle want me to file after my MBA course.

1. What should I do apply now or after MBA degree?
2. Should I file by myself or by immigration consultancy which is the best and fast way to get the immigration?
1. You will not get the points for the Masters until you complete it, if you file now, it will not be counted.
2. Do you have the equivilent of 1 year full time work?
3. Did you take the assessment on www.cic.gc.ca?
4. You will get 5 points for the relative in Canada, but you have to prove the relationship.
5. Depending on your mother tongue, you will probably be required to submit IELTS results with your application.
6. Consulant/lawyer will not speed it up, but should ensure that it is not returned as incomplete.

PMM