+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can I apply for a PR?

Skip

Aug 6, 2007
Hey,

There are two questions I want to ask. I will be happy if anyone could help me here:

I am currently pursuing a 4 year bachelors degree with 1 year to go. I already have had 15 years of education with 16th year still to go. If my number of years of education is taken into account I qualify with over 67 points but if you consider I do not have a bachelors degree then I fall short of points.

Q1) Can I still apply for a PR considering I will receive my degree next year and the application processing time is roughly 3 years in my country? I have 15 years of education but no bachelors degree so far.

Q2) I am interested in pursuing my post-graduation studies from Canada. Can i apply for a PR once I come to Canada on a student visa for my post-graduation? Any conditions that may apply in this respect?

Sincerely,
sKip.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Skip said:
Hey,

There are two questions I want to ask. I will be happy if anyone could help me here:

I am currently pursuing a 4 year bachelors degree with 1 year to go. I already have had 15 years of education with 16th year still to go.

Q1) Can I still apply for a PR considering I will receive my degree next year and the application processing time is roughly 3 years in my country? I have 15 years of education but no bachelors degree so far.

Q2) I am interested in pursuing my post-graduation studies from Canada. Can i apply for a PR once I come to Canada on a student visa for my post-graduation? Any conditions that may apply in this respect?

Sincerely,
sKip.
1. Nope, you have to qualify the day you submit the application.
2. To apply, you must be admitted to Canada for 1 year. If so then you can either apply to Buffalo or your home country.

PMM

Skip

Aug 6, 2007
Thank you Amigo!

a) My post-graduation program will be for 2 years. If I apply for PR next year after getting an admission in a university how much of my time spent in Canada will count towards the 3 year requirnment.

b) In case I take 1 year off after my under-graduation but apply for the PR in my home country can I get my application transfered to Buffalo later? In this case will the processing time remain the same or will I get any relaxation? Is such an approach recommended?

Best Regards,
sKip.