+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

When can a newborn travel ?

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
Hey all
Im a canadian citizen ill be giving birth in alberta and i am hopefully moving there with my husband and son and baby#2.
I wanted to.ask after the birth of my child if i want to travel with my new born how.long will it take to get his/her passport if i want to visit my parents in.their home country.how long will it take for the birth certificate and passport to come i plan to travel aftr a week of my delivery to see my parents.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maddyd2000 said:
Hey all
Im a canadian citizen ill be giving birth in alberta and i am hopefully moving there with my husband and son and baby#2.
I wanted to.ask after the birth of my child if i want to travel with my new born how.long will it take to get his/her passport if i want to visit my parents in.their home country.how long will it take for the birth certificate and passport to come i plan to travel aftr a week of my delivery to see my parents.
I am not sure about Alberta how much time does it take to get the birth certificate. Without the birth certificate, you can't apply passport for the child. once you get the birth certificate, you can apply on urgent basis to get the passport however you need to pay additional fee to get the passport.

Read the child photo specifications under this link(Under "Child Photos"):
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/apply/photos.asp

Why do you want to go so quickly to take you newborn to your home country? Any specific reason or urgency?

shakeyy

Dec 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thecoolguysam said:
I am not sure about Alberta how much time does it take to get the birth certificate. Without the birth certificate, you can't apply passport for the child. once you get the birth certificate, you can apply on urgent basis to get the passport however you need to pay additional fee to get the passport.

Why do you want to go so quickly to take you newborn to your home country? Any specific reason or urgency?
yah a week newborn is way too early to fly.. super duper early!

maddyd2000

Star Member
May 27, 2015
thecoolguysam said:

I would like to visit my parents and my husbands parents after the birth of my child my husband will be back in canada my parents cannot travel due to their health issues.therr is no urgency.and i can delay it too i was just checking to make my travel plans accordingly.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
apply for the docs right away such as birth certificate, etc.
It may take 1-2 months for all docs to be gathered and applied and then received. I'd plan around 3-4 months at least.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
maddyd2000 said:
I would like to visit my parents and my husbands parents after the birth of my child my husband will be back in canada my parents cannot travel due to their health issues.therr is no urgency.and i can delay it too i was just checking to make my travel plans accordingly.
The child would be too young to travel, give the child few months and then travel. It's up to you what you want to do.

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
maddyd2000 said:
Hey all
Registration of birth in Alberta takes 2 weeks even. After applying for birth certificate in a registry, you will need to wait approx a week to get it by mail. Then you apply for passport. If you do everything fast, you can have things done in a month.