+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What's your experience when there is no stamp in passport for travel?

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
I'd like to know what's your experience when there is no stamp in passport for travel?

For example, if I have a NEXUS card, when I enter the USA using NEXUS, there is no stamp. When I re-enter Canada, using NEXUS or the automated machine, there is no stamp.

My only evidence of travel in/out is my flight records / e-tickets, but that is it.

How would CIC / interviewer verify your travels if there is no stamp?

Would this type of file get RQ-ed?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'd summarize your list of queries via the 3 posts as 'how do I avoid being RQ'd?'.

1. You can be RQ'd because you meet one or more triage criteria e.g. self employment with travel or due to QA/ program integrity reasons. Extensive travel as yours to the US can be a trigger too.

2. You should record your dates as per entry into Canada i.e. if past midnight then the correct calendar day...semantics around the 'stamping date' and I can't remember what flights were delayed are asking for trouble. Nexus entries are captured by CBSA and CBP.

3. Declare all citizenships in the application form and expect to provide bio data pages of passports of both nationalities that cover the qualifying period.

4. Give yourself a buffer of days - applying at day 1096 is risky unless you are 100% sure of your travel dates.

5. Sending additional information may or may not be considered..most evidence on this forum points to that CIC don't care what you send they disregard it and RQ you regardless. However if it makes you sleep better sure send it in but remember it may also trigger a query by CIC if say your bank statements show a purchase in NYC on a date you claimed to be in Canada because visa/mastercard/amex etc posted your transaction times incorrectly.

6. Burden of proof for presence is on you if CIC can't verify your dates then its RQ time and/ or referral to the Citizenship Judge - if your Local Office is in the Prairies you will get your citizenship likely after the current PM has left office!

7. It may be prudent for you to apply for your Canada entry records from CIC and your US entry/exits records from CBP prior to citizenship application.

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have submitted online request to CBSA for entry record into Canada. Does anyone have the link for CBP? What is the fee for CBP ?

Thanks

dodan

Mar 7, 2010
usa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenovo can you pl try this... should work. if you get the cbsa site pl let me know. this forum did not respond to my questions so far... the skilled worker forum was much more friendly... than this citizenship one... sorry that's how felt :-( - thanks and best of luck to you :)

lenovo said:
How do you submit the online request to CBSA?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
lenovo said:
I'd like to know what's your experience when there is no stamp in passport for travel?

For example, if I have a NEXUS card, when I enter the USA using NEXUS, there is no stamp. When I re-enter Canada, using NEXUS or the automated machine, there is no stamp.

My only evidence of travel in/out is my flight records / e-tickets, but that is it.

I have a NEXUS card also and was missing many stamps in my passport for my many travels to the US. During my interview, the interviewer wrote this in my application. It did not cause any issues and I did not get an RQ. She seemed satisfied with my explanations and reasons for travel

A few things that helped my case
-Long time full time employment for the same large company based in Canada (I brought an original letter from my employer stating this)
-I am a US citizen with a lot of family there
-Applied with a few "buffer" days (applied with about 1105 residency days).

taradil

Star Member
Jul 3, 2010
Hello Guys,
i am applying for canadian citizenship in march and i have a question regarding stamps on passport
1) i made a vacation trip to cuba back in 2010 but there are no stamps showing that on my passport as most of you know cuba do not stamp passports for entry or exit. also no stamp showing leaving canada or coming back.
would that be a problem and would explaining that situation on the form be enough.

2) i have some stamps on my passport that are not in english nor in french, do i need to translate them now and send the tranlation with the application or thats too early and i can just wait till on the pre-test interview as i saw in another thread.?

Thanks for the advice and happy new year and good luck to all of us.

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
The issue with the stamping is that with the new citizen and PR line at Pearson they will never stamp your passport when you go through a machine. Unless you specifically ask for one.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
lenovo said:
The issue with the stamping is that with the new citizen and PR line at Pearson they will never stamp your passport when you go through a machine. Unless you specifically ask for one.
For this reason among others, CIC needs to stop relying on passport stamps to validate residency. It is a flawed process.

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenovo said:

I have passport from the European Union, and when I go to see my family they never stamp my passport, and now with the new passport/PR card scanners they have in Montreal and Toronto they hardly stamp your passport when entering Canada, but I have kept my e-tickets. I went to Cuba once and they did not stamp my passport either...there is no other way to prove it than the boarding pass stubs.