+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What to do if we need to travel after landing and before PR card.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A lot of us have been (finally!) getting our CoPRs and completing our landing lately. At the same time, there is a long wait of 3-4 months between landing and PR card, and Christmas will most likely come before the cards do. My partner and I are planning to spend Christmas with his family in Europe - but will that cause problems coming back to Canada? Is it different for people from visa waiver countries and visa countries? It seems to me we could even re-enter as tourists, as we are both visa waiver and there is nothing in our passports indicating we are PRs - but could that cause problems?

Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone know what we are supposed to do?

sunil55

Jul 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey
One of my close friends got PR and landed in June but they could just stay for 45 days as they did not resign their jobs here in India yet. They need more time for them and their kids ( schools) to wrap up everything and completely settle in Canada. So they had to return to India before PR CARD came. But for these 45 days in Canada they stayed at a relatives place and gave same address for PR card to reach. The PR card came to relative' s house after they came back. The relative has then sent them their cards through courier. Now they have it for next visit. You can try something similar.
Good luck

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its different for people from visa exempt countries and people who are not.
If you're not visa exempt you will need to apply for a travel document. If you are visa exempt the COPR is enough. You're on the system as a PR and the COPR, details of your landing and passport are all you need.

nuno1313

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The best thing to do is drive down to the US and fly from there. Fly back to the US and drive back up to Canada. You can cross the border in a private vehicle or on foot with CoPR while waiting for the PR card.