+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what score of IELTS shows high efficiency? 7 or 8 ?

zahir

Star Member
Jan 16, 2009
Karachi
Visa Office......
CHC islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd may 2008
Doc's Request.
3rd april 2009
AOR Received.
no
Med's Request
no
I have applied in FSW category after 27 feb 2009. I know lot of people clearing interview, who did not give IELTS exam
I have mentioned in my application to have high efficiency in english. Is it possible that they do not ask me to show ielts result as I am a Pakistani doctor and have done all my education in english medium and I am good at conversation?
secondly if I really have to give IELTS what score do I require so that I can prove to have high efficiency ?

Furqan

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
For High proficiency

Level Points
(per ability) Test results for each ability Speaking Listening Reading (General
Training) Writing (General Training)
High First official language: 6.5 - 9.0(Speaking) 7.5 - 9.0(Listening) 6.5 - 9.0(Reading- General training) 6.5 - 9.0 (Writing- General Training)

Furqan

Star Member
Oct 28, 2008
I am also from Pakistan and planning to apply for FSW cat-1, I discussed here with consultants as well and all asked me to do IELTS(Which I have already done). If Mr. Zahir can guide us in this regard it will be great news for all of us

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
Well actually the point s not to take IELTS or to take IELTS.The fact s that CIC does not compell u to take IELTS, infact if u r sure enough tht u ll be able to get 67 points without ving maximum points in language skills then its ok.Personally I think taking IELTS exam s beneficial for ourselves n not for CIC, as the points u get through it r sure n CIC cant ignore it,whereas in case of skipping that exam u r completely on the discretion of IO,whatever points he/she assign u in terms of language skills.
My elder brother did not take IELTS exams but easily scored much more than 67 points as he s a surgeon ,n was already in Canada on a work permit .So in my view unless n until u r not able to prove ur language skills through various means, its always better to take IELTS OR if u think that u can score enough points even if the IO gives u basic or moderate level language skills points then i think u can skip the exam.Good Luck to all.

roserose

Feb 16, 2013
How to convert IELTS score to different conversions

My IELTS scores are Speaking - 7, Reading - 6.5, Writing - 6.5,Listening - 6.5.How much points I can score for language ability as per the rules of CANADA migration in 2013

muhib

Dec 23, 2012
well anything above 7 band score is great

so aim for 8 and u will land up at 7

best of luck