+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what PR CARD application I should use?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
i am going to land in the port near buffalo from the US, is this PR card form I need to fill out? it looks such complicated. it needs a lot docs such copy of all passport page, payment receipt, etc.

is it really such complicated?

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
bkd1969 said:
i am going to land in the port near buffalo from the US, is this PR card form I need to fill out? it looks such complicated. it needs a lot docs such copy of all passport page, payment receipt, etc.

is it really such complicated?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5444E.pdf

ummi

Star Member
Mar 29, 2012
Thanks as i am also sailing in same boat..moving for landing very soon.

The COPR forms which we received with visa already have our photo, do we need to submit same type of photo along with this form?

Regards

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
ummi said:
Thanks as i am also sailing in same boat..moving for landing very soon.

The COPR forms which we received with visa already have our photo, do we need to submit same type of photo along with this form?

Regards
a folk posted response and said we do not need any form to fill. the form is for renewal only, not for us. the IO officer may ask our address in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are landing as a PR, you do not need to fill out any form. You arrive at immigration, they will get your address and the PR card will be mailed there. They will use your application photos for the PR card.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Leon said:
If you are landing as a PR, you do not need to fill out any form. You arrive at immigration, they will get your address and the PR card will be mailed there. They will use your application photos for the PR card.
Thanks Leon. One more question:

What is the difference between B4 and B4A? Look like B4 has much less entries than B4A. B4A is supplementary to B4?

In my case, this time I just want to land at the port Peace Bridge and back to US same day or next day, and not going to move forever now until 3 months later, is it ok not to present B4 for this trip, but do present B4/B4A as goods to FOLLOW? In other words, I only present goods to follow in the form of B4/B4A, but no form for this landing purpose this weekend.

I do not think the IO will apply PR CARD for me this time, but I will present my side of story for the best.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bkd1969 said:
Thanks Leon. One more question:

What is the difference between B4 and B4A? Look like B4 has much less entries than B4A. B4A is supplementary to B4?
Yes, it looks like the B4A is supplementary to B4 if you have more than 8 items to list.

bkd1969

May 1, 2011
Leon said:
Yes, it looks like the B4A is supplementary to B4 if you have more than 8 items to list.
Thanks, Leon.

I am thinking to import 2 cars to Canada. But some folks said the duty/tax free only applies to one car to be imported. The 2nd car or whatever additional cars you have will not be duty/tax free at all. Is that true?