+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What kind of Survival Jobs are in canada.

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Dears,

I am planing to go canada . One question always bothers me most of the people they go with a survival jobs. are survival jobs is enough to live a good life as when we talk about canada we talk about Good life & Good Standard of living .

What about the social insurance , is permanent residence are eligible and after how many days, Please can some one explain.

Rgds. :) :) :) :)

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Re: what kind of Survival are in canada

Yes it is enough to have a good life and quality of living! It's a no-brainer.

That is if you have like 2-3 jobs.. :D Goodluck!

jamshaid79

Apr 21, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-10
Doc's Request.
12-10-10
AOR Received.
06-06-11
IELTS Request
08-05-10
File Transfer...
23-04-12
Med's Request
12-02-14
Med's Done....
22-03-14
Passport Req..
04-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
May 2014
Rgds said:
Dears,

I am planing to go canada . One question always bothers me most of the people they go with a survival jobs. are survival jobs is enough to live a good life as when we talk about canada we talk about Good life & Good Standard of living .

What about the social insurance , is permanent residence are eligible and after how many days, Please can some one explain.

the average pay out in ON is 10 - 12 CAD per hour, which is quite ok for a new bee survival, these are mostly odd jobs like, waiters, cleaners, stuff like that, my BL having the experience now a days, but one thing i wanted to share that, they are looking for such people who are mostly sharp and easy going..rest is your luck

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One question always bothers me most of the people they go with a survival jobs. are survival jobs is enough to live a good life as when we talk about canada we talk about Good life & Good Standard of living .
>>>> As the name suggest, it is just to survive one does a survival job. The jobs by nature are odd jobs and even that too is not always available. Minimum wages are paid , so I dont think most of us can have good life and good standard of living with income coming from a survival job. It is just a time gap arrangement till one get job in ones own occupation.

>>> I think your question is related to EI and not welfare. PR's are eligible for EI, the main issue with the survival jobs is that it is not the actual company with hires, it is the placement agancies which set up the employment. The person is not on pay roll of the actual company and the the placement agancies makes sure that one does not easily qualify for EI. EI( qualification and amount) depends on the number of hour of work/ salary etc and the terms of EI can be seen here :-
http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/ei/types/regular.shtml#eligible

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rgds said:
Dears,

If you are only planning to come and settle down in Canada, first of all you have to check whether you qualify as required on the CIC website. Most of the Canadian immigrants have their own goal to achieve best standards settlement with maximum benefits from their prospective employer, government or from whatever eligible sources. Once an immigrant is arrived, perhaps he/she may be lucky to secure a satisfactory job in their profession or experience. But a majority have to search for suitable job for several weeks/months. By that time the bank balance goes to an alarming lower level. In such a pathetic situation people start looking at least for "survival jobs", that might not have been expecting in Canada before arrival.

Last year, while waiting for some one at the lounge of a condominium in Mississauga, Ontario, I had a chance chat with the security guard of that condo. He said he was a bank manager in his native country. He applied for FSWP in 2003 and landed in 2009, with an ambition to live and work for providing good education and better future for his 3 children. His job hunting went all most one year looking for similar job of his experience but all attempts were failure. Later, he found at least a survival job in a factory as packer and loader but could not stay with that because of physical strain and fatigue. Finally he chose another "survival job" as security guard which he said far better than previous work but not at all happy. Still he continues with a hope to find an attractive job.........!!. I would say this could be one of the proper example about "survival job" in Canada

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
WOW !! No words , Some one leave behind everthing looking for a Good Life . He faces this

Rgds

pickednotes

Star Member
Oct 26, 2011
Rgds said:
WOW !! No words , Some one leave behind everthing looking for a Good Life . He faces this

Rgds
Precisely.

One just has to weigh what is important to his/her self.

Thank God I am done with Canada. Already went to another country that appreciates my skills.

Goodluck!

Rgds

Jan 18, 2013
Hmmmmmm :) . Seems dreams will turn into nightmare , O canada ... Why the people are crazy about canada.

Seems they love snow ,

Rgds

asalam_ju

Dec 18, 2012
My understanding reading the post is that people who immigrate to canada face hurdle for their first year or so on. Even people have enough qualifications and experience in other countries. My question is why canadians want canadian experience. Specifically those are going as FSW, they are High Skilled even have Ph.D, Post-doc experience with professional one. I believe they can fit well and in some cases better than them.
So if they want professional experience that should be fine and I believe in that cases professional one will get their pertinent job soon. My question is how long time required to find a professional job if someone have world class experience?

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Canada does not recognise any experience acquired anywhere in the world to my knowledge. I dont know what they are looking for. We are called here as skilled workers but they dont recognise the skills..whats the point.

A doctor has to study again to be a doctor, an accountant needs to study again to be an accountant....cant really understand how a human body is different than anywhere in the world, same diseases, same medicines (with different name though).

asalam_ju said:
My understanding reading the post is that people who immigrate to canada face hurdle for their first year or so on. Even people have enough qualifications and experience in other countries. My question is why canadians want canadian experience. Specifically those are going as FSW, they are High Skilled even have Ph.D, Post-doc experience with professional one. I believe they can fit well and in some cases better than them.
So if they want professional experience that should be fine and I believe in that cases professional one will get their pertinent job soon. My question is how long time required to find a professional job if someone have world class experience?

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
asalam_ju said:
So if they want professional experience that should be fine and I believe in that cases professional one will get their pertinent job soon.

My question is how long time required to find a professional job if someone have world class experience?
It depends if you'll go back to school and upgrade your degree here in Canada because once you upgrade your degree then they will recognized your knowledge and can start a new skills then you can get a professional job base on your degree.

It's easy to come here in Canda if you have an employer but if you don't have any you have to start from zero...

asalam_ju

Dec 18, 2012
I thank you all for posting real comments. Finally it looks if you want to go to canada go early and aquire qualifications and experience there. Whatever your skill should be renewed there.

RockinCanada

Feb 20, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
NVDO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2009
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
March 2011
Interview........
July 23, 2010
Passport Req..
March 2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 2011
LANDED..........
July 2011
Eggjactallly............you got it right.

asalam_ju said:
I thank you all for posting real comments. Finally it looks if you want to go to canada go early and aquire qualifications and experience there. Whatever your skill should be renewed there.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
I personally do not believe that EVERY immigrant will end up doing a survival job. It still depends on a lot of things, whether English is your mother tongue or not, the kind of education you received (specially which country your paper has been issued). It probably is also what name or passport one has..but that has been discussed somewhere else here.