+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is your opinion about immigrating to Canada in this case?

EECcalling

Feb 5, 2017
I am 40 years old male, married, one baby. More than a year ago I got immigrant visa in my passport
and I spent 2 weeks in Canada just to apply for PR Card.

The reasons why we applied and wanted to immigrate is that we want to live in country where we could have get better quality of life – meaning more secured jobs/low unemployment rate, better wages in the long run, better social and health care, pension, more possibilities for our child.
So what are we waiting for? Our standard of living is not so bad here (Eastern Europe) according to local standards; I have working experience in the field of finance (cost accountant) and project management
in fortune 500 companies, we live in our apartment; our friends live here. Our homeland is not 3 rd world country, but also not developed one… But there is always some sort of political and economic instability and it lasts for decades now.

On the other hand I heard a lot of stories about immigrants who could not find jobs because lack of Canadian experience and Canadian education….

I know that if we decide to go we need to be prepared that probably 3-5 years is period to establish the same quality of life as we have here. I am just afraid that this period could last many years more…and if we change our mind /or don’t like life in Canada we would be too old to go back…

Any thoughts?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Getting a job is very difficult nowadays. Anyhow try to come and search for jobs. After 1 or 2 years you will know where you stand and decide.

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EECcalling said:
I am 40 years old male, married, one baby. More than a year ago I got immigrant visa in my passport

The reasons why we applied and wanted to immigrate is that we want to live in country where we could have get better quality of life – meaning more secured jobs/low unemployment rate, better wages in the long run, better social and health care, pension, more possibilities for our child.
So what are we waiting for? Our standard of living is not so bad here (Eastern Europe) according to local standards; I have working experience in the field of finance (cost accountant) and project management
in fortune 500 companies, we live in our apartment; our friends live here. Our homeland is not 3 rd world country, but also not developed one… But there is always some sort of political and economic instability and it lasts for decades now.

On the other hand I heard a lot of stories about immigrants who could not find jobs because lack of Canadian experience and Canadian education….

I know that if we decide to go we need to be prepared that probably 3-5 years is period to establish the same quality of life as we have here. I am just afraid that this period could last many years more…and if we change our mind /or don’t like life in Canada we would be too old to go back…

Any thoughts?
well you have to remember that immigrating at your age is mostly about your children, more than anyone else... if you think your kids will have a better life in canada than eastern europe, you should go ahead... tahts my personal opinion.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
By the time you settle and clear your mortgage, it will be retirement age for you. Your children would benefit from this move. Therefore, think about what Canada will offer that your current country won't offer.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Moving countries, no matter the circumstances are complicated, uncomfortable and will not be easy (did it twice). It is a big step and will cost you a lot (and I do not mean just money).

You have to very carefully consider your motivation for doing so. How motivated are you really?...

If you are not that motivated, and you like your life, stay where you are.

Canada is a great country to live, and I love it here. I am happy I moved here, however I moved from a country where crime was completely out of control (not that different from most war zones) - High motivation. (If not for that I probably would have preferred to stay in my previous home country. Not sure if I would have made the same choice if I was not scared for my life all the time.)

Also if you plan to move, expect that integration into your new home (society) will require lots of effort on your part. You will have to do the work. Nobody is going to do it for you.

There are some other benefits to Canada, which are nice.
- Good passport (great for travel)
- Strong currency
- Great people and safe place to live

To name a few.

If you already have PR status (as you seem to suggest). Maybe start looking for a job before you leave. See if you can find something that matches your needs. If you can, then decide.

Just a thought.

Good luck

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
EECcalling said:

Any thoughts?
As said, moving here is not easy but could be worthy, you'll work harder to get a reasonable position but your kids will have lot of opportunities (and some difficulties, of course)

Take a look into this post, it will be very helpful:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/this-is-how-you-succeed-in-canada-t29170.0.html