+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is the procedure of withdrawing permanent residency application?

waugh12345

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th, Jan, 2014
Nomination.....
11th, Mar, 2014
AOR Received.
25th, Apri. 2014
Med's Request
3rd, June, 2014
Med's Done....
16th, June, 2014
Hi,

Is there anyone know the procedure of withdrawing the PR application since I have already received my medical exam under PNP program.( i applied under CEC on April 7th, 2014) I just called the immigration officer and he only told me that I need to following the procedure which was stated on the website however I really didn't see much details except there was the mailing address for "withdrawal of application". and the address shows that is for the PR-Card Center.

Please let me know if you have any ideas about this,

Thank you so much!

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Send an email with your personal information and file number to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca and request a withdrawal of your application.

Do this only if you are 100% certain that your PNP is a sure thing.

waugh12345

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th, Jan, 2014
Nomination.....
11th, Mar, 2014
AOR Received.
25th, Apri. 2014
Med's Request
3rd, June, 2014
Med's Done....
16th, June, 2014
thisisauser said:
Send an email with your personal information and file number to CPC-CTD-Ottawa @ cic.gc.ca and request a withdrawal of your application.

Do this only if you are 100% certain that your PNP is a sure thing.
Thank you so much, but will that email work even if my application got submitted to Sydney?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
waugh12345 said:
Thank you so much, but will that email work even if my application got submitted to Sydney?
Yes, it goes to Sydney initially for pre-processing checks. I'm fairly certain you've already received AOR which means the application is now at the Ottawa CPC.

waugh12345

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th, Jan, 2014
Nomination.....
11th, Mar, 2014
AOR Received.
25th, Apri. 2014
Med's Request
3rd, June, 2014
Med's Done....
16th, June, 2014
thisisauser said:
Yes, it goes to Sydney initially for pre-processing checks. I'm fairly certain you've already received AOR which means the application is now at the Ottawa CPC.
Thank you so much! I will do so. btw, when you mention to be sure that my PNP one is a sure thing, is there anyway that i can confirm that? like you may mean I need to wait till certain time? I just received the medical exam request under AINP.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
waugh12345 said:
Thank you so much! I will do so. btw, when you mention to be sure that my PNP one is a sure thing, is there anyway that i can confirm that? like you may mean I need to wait till certain time? I just received the medical exam request under AINP.
I don't know enough about PNP. You might want to ask in that forum. In case of CEC, PPR/COPR is generally the certain indication of approval, though medical is also usually a very good indication.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
I would wait till I receive my PPR email for PNP application. CIC is very unpredictable you never know what will going to happen next. I know an applicant his application refused after RPRF request. There is no harm at all to keeping both your applications active until your one application approved. Use your own discretion it is totally up to you. Best of luck.

Ciesiel

Apr 3, 2014
I agree with all the other posts. Please wait until you get the PPR before cancelling anything. You do not gain anything now by cancelling the CEC file and if for some reason you don't get through with the current process you will feel better knowing that there is another one open and you won't loose time having the re-start the process.