+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What is a mental health “condition”?

JeaBee12

Apr 28, 2024
I’m worried I may have committed misrepresentation on the medical section.

The question is, “Have you had a mental health condition causing you to be a threat to yourself or others, or to be hospitalized?"

I answered “no” because I assumed a “condition” to refer to something longer-lasting that gets officially diagnosed, like bipolar disorder or PTSD.

However, I actually was hospitalized briefly due to a mental health issue in March 2020. I was a student at my undergraduate school at the time, and didn’t have family to live with when Covid hit and shut down the school, so I had to live on campus emergency housing. Needless to say it was a total disaster and one day I had a panic attack from the isolation/stress of it all. I tried to get help, but since the school clinic/psychiatry office was closed (again, because of Covid) the school sent me to the hospital. I stayed for a couple days before I managed to find a better living situation and was completely fine after that.

Since this was a one-off extreme external circumstance, I didn’t think I would have to answer “yes” to that question. But now I’m wondering if I made a mistake? Would this be something that would negatively effect me? Thanks

JeaBee12

Apr 28, 2024
I guess I’ll submit a webform explaining the situation just in case… I’m not sure if they have access to my foreign hospitalization records…

I also forgot a few old work history entries (part-time jobs where I worked a few hours a week while studying) since I was only thinking about how I was a student at the time. So I need to send a webform anyways.