+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What if Principle applicant could not complete PR obligations?

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Hello experts

I have few doubts in my mind and wants to be redressed before we could plan our stay in Canada

My wife is a Principle applicant and presently in a job where she cannot afford to leave it in the next 4 years i e before 2016 whereas her PR would expire in 2017. we r planning to visit Toronto on short stay of about 3 to 4 months.

My question is

if i being a spouse PR holder, can stay there for three years and apply for Canadian Citizenship for myself and kids.

How long does it take to get the PR cards in Toronto

is there any difference between the PR of Principle applicant and PR of dependent spouse.

Can she later join us after complete in present job obligation in 2016 without much problems

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After landing as a PR, there is no difference between the PR of the principal applicant and the PR of the rest of the family.

The spouse of the primary applicant may stay in Canada with the kids and apply for citizenship after 3 years.

The time it takes to get a PR card is currently 2 months for a newly landed PR and 3 months for an existing PR, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp If your wife has to leave before the PR card arrives, it will be mailed to your address and you can mail it to her.

With a valid PR card, your wife can visit Canada without many problems unless immigration figures out that she will be unable to meet the residency requirements for her first 5 years as a PR. If they do, they can report her for not meeting the requirements and if they do, she would be allowed to enter Canada and given 30 days to appeal for her PR. If she loses the appeal, she loses her PR. However, you would be able to sponsor her again.

If she manages to enter Canada in 2016 without being reported, she should not try to renew her PR card in 2017 when it expires because she does not meet the residency requirements. Instead, she should wait until she has spent 2 years in Canada and then apply to renew her card. There is no obligation to have a valid PR card while staying in Canada, there is no law against letting it expire. She will be fine. When she applies to renew, as long as she did not get reported before that, they will only look at the past 5 years. If she meets the requirements for the past 5 years, they are not allowed to go further back in time. They must renew her PR.

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
Leon said:
After landing as a PR, there is no difference between the PR of the principal applicant and the PR of the rest of the family.

The spouse of the primary applicant may stay in Canada with the kids and apply for citizenship after 3 years.

The time it takes to get a PR card is currently 2 months for a newly landed PR and 3 months for an existing PR, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp If your wife has to leave before the PR card arrives, it will be mailed to your address and you can mail it to her.

With a valid PR card, your wife can visit Canada without many problems unless immigration figures out that she will be unable to meet the residency requirements for her first 5 years as a PR. If they do, they can report her for not meeting the requirements and if they do, she would be allowed to enter Canada and given 30 days to appeal for her PR. If she loses the appeal, she loses her PR. However, you would be able to sponsor her again.

If she manages to enter Canada in 2016 without being reported, she should not try to renew her PR card in 2017 when it expires because she does not meet the residency requirements. Instead, she should wait until she has spent 2 years in Canada and then apply to renew her card. There is no obligation to have a valid PR card while staying in Canada, there is no law against letting it expire. She will be fine. When she applies to renew, as long as she did not get reported before that, they will only look at the past 5 years. If she meets the requirements for the past 5 years, they are not allowed to go further back in time. They must renew her PR.
thanks leon