+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if my PGWP expires before I get an ITA?

Sagarit29

Jul 21, 2022
My work permit expires in May 2023.
I'll have a full year of work experience and be qualified to apply by March 2023.
I'm confused as to what I should be doing if I don't get an ITA by May.
Also, I graduated from a university in Nova Scotia, and am working here in IT (not for Nova Scotia designated employer though). So Nova Scotia PNP Express Entry is also an option for me.
However, I don't know if there is a draw system for Nova Scotia PNP Express Entry. If there is, then how frequently?
Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you in advance!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My work permit expires in May 2023.
I'll have a full year of work experience and be qualified to apply by March 2023.
I'm confused as to what I should be doing if I don't get an ITA by May.
Also, I graduated from a university in Nova Scotia, and am working here in IT (not for Nova Scotia designated employer though). So Nova Scotia PNP Express Entry is also an option for me.
However, I don't know if there is a draw system for Nova Scotia PNP Express Entry. If there is, then how frequently?
Appreciate your help on this.

Thank you in advance!
What is your NOC? How long was the program?
If you don’t have approved PR or nomination when your permit expires in May then you change your status to visitor and quit working. You need a LMIA with closed work permit to continue.

You need to see if your employer is willing to become a designated employer and support your nomination through AIPP.

For NS EE, read the program guide on how nominations are issued,

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-experience-express-entry/

Reactions: Sagarit29

Sagarit29

Jul 21, 2022
What is your NOC? How long was the program?
If you don’t have approved PR or nomination when your permit expires in May then you change your status to visitor and quit working. You need a LMIA with closed work permit to continue.

You need to see if your employer is willing to become a designated employer and support your nomination through AIPP.

For NS EE, read the program guide on how nominations are issued,

https://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-experience-express-entry/
Thanks for the response Naturgrl, and sorry for the delay.
My NOC is A, and the program was 2 years long (MBA).

I will have one year of experience by the end of March and will have around 540 points.
The only problem for me though is that it takes about 3 months for me to receive the 600 points from Nova Scotia. My work permit and visa will expire (May 2023) by then.

Do you think I can apply for an extension on my work permit just to buy some grace period? Although I know it's gonna be rejected?