+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do you do if you are unable to secure a job on a PGWP?

TacticalPolarBird

Star Member
Jan 10, 2022
I graduated from a computer science diploma in 2022 and I still have not found a job. I have had a handful of interviews but no luck.

I am losing all hope in life and I don't see any future. My work permit expires next year. I just want to ask, what do I do in this situation? I have been desperately job hunting for almost 2 years now. I know I need 1 year of Canadian experience to qualify for CEC. But what happens if I have less than a year left on the permit and still no job? What are my options then? Will they consider an extension? Can I transfer to another type of work permit? Or have I run out of all options?

Somebody please help and if anyone else is in a similar situation, please reach out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I graduated from a computer science diploma in 2022 and I still have not found a job. I have had a handful of interviews but no luck.

I am losing all hope in life and I don't see any future. My work permit expires next year. I just want to ask, what do I do in this situation? I have been desperately job hunting for almost 2 years now. I know I need 1 year of Canadian experience to qualify for CEC. But what happens if I have less than a year left on the permit and still no job? What are my options then? Will they consider an extension? Can I transfer to another type of work permit? Or have I run out of all options?

Somebody please help and if anyone else is in a similar situation, please reach out.
You would need to switch to a closed work permit. So this would require a job offer from an employer and an approved LMIA.

Reactions: TacticalPolarBird

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

Where do you live? Province, city?

Reactions: TacticalPolarBird