+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What classifies as agricultural for quarantine exemption?

Jott95

May 10, 2021
The list of exempt to mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine is agricultural workers, but the link does not specify how to be classed as this, I was unable to find any further information. I have an IEC, and work contract livestock throughout the year, looking to enter Canada this summer. My biggest fear is turning up at the border under prepared with paperwork and plans and therefore being rejected from entering. Also to look for a job offer to show to them while not 100% sure I would be able to go to the job has been weighing on my mind.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

The list of exempt to mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine is agricultural workers, but the link does not specify how to be classed as this, I was unable to find any further information. I have an IEC, and work contract livestock throughout the year, looking to enter Canada this summer. My biggest fear is turning up at the border under prepared with paperwork and plans and therefore being rejected from entering. Also to look for a job offer to show to them while not 100% sure I would be able to go to the job has been weighing on my mind.
1. Unlikely that with an IEC that the quarantine period (hotel/other) since it is an open work permit. The agriculture work permits are for those with closed work permit for an agricultural job.
2. Note you would also need a quarantine plan if you were admitted.

Reactions: Jott95