+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the legal approved steps for a permenant resident

hypertigerman

Feb 26, 2012
Dear ,

i am permenant resident person , come and go on different intervals from and to canada , lately i got a good concultancy project outisde canada :

1) what would be your advise to maintain residency obligations ?
2) is it possible to have a consultancy company and be the director and sign the consultancy agreement
3) based on the agreement i have to travel a lot how many days is possible to stay out during a year and it can be legally calculated to meet up my citizenship requirements
4) what are other things i should do to ?>

thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) Meet residency obligations by living in Canada for 2 out of every 5 years.
2) Sure - you can have a consultancy company. But this won't help you to maintain your PR status.
3) Days spent outside of Canada cannot be counted towards citizenship

hypertigerman

Feb 26, 2012
having a consultant company in canada whith obligation to travel falls in the section of being employed in canadian company outside therefore , days of service outisde are counted , wrong or right ?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hypertigerman said:
having a consultant company in canada whith obligation to travel falls in the section of being employed in canadian company outside therefore , days of service outisde are counted , wrong or right ?
Depends. If the company is sole purpose is to preserve your PR status and has no other employees in Canada, it doesn't qualify.

For the purposes of this application, a Canadian business is defined as:

a corporation that is incorporated under the laws of Canada or of a province and that has an ongoing operation in Canada
an enterprise that has:
an ongoing operation in Canada
is capable of generating revenue
is carried out in anticipation of profit
in which a majority of voting or ownership interests is held by Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or Canadian businesses as defined above or
an organization or enterprise created by the laws of Canada or a province