+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the documents require on work visa? plz help me..

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hi everyone ,
Here is my case,I got my W1 worker visa and i'll fly on first week of september. I just want to double check about what are the documents i have to carry with me .Yes i have to carry my visa ,job offer letter ,i just want to confirm with all the seniors here.
Plz help me regarding this if anyone have any idea

thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
The letter of instruction from the CHC/embassy that processed your WP application; visa is attached on your passport anyway so for sure you'll have that with you.

sam.ums said:
Hi everyone ,
Here is my case,I got my W1 worker visa and i'll fly on first week of september. I just want to double check about what are the documents i have to carry with me .Yes i have to carry my visa ,job offer letter ,i just want to confirm with all the seniors here.
Plz help me regarding this if anyone have any idea

thanks

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
job_seeker said:
The letter of instruction from the CHC/embassy that processed your WP application; visa is attached on your passport anyway so for sure you'll have that with you.

Thanks a lot for your reply and yes I do have all these doc.As i see ur so many posts u r really helpful for me & so many other newbie in this forum.It's really great.
God bless

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
And don't forget your contract/job offer because that is where the POE officer will base your WP duration.

sam.ums said:
Thanks a lot for your reply and yes I do have all these doc.As i see ur so many posts u r really helpful for me & so many other newbie in this forum.It's really great.
God bless

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
job_seeker said:
And don't forget your contract/job offer because that is where the POE officer will base your WP duration.
thanks for the additional info.I have 1 more ques,one of my friend got open work permit for edmonton employer under the low skill pilot project,So plz tell me the diff beteen open work permit with W1 work permit.As my friend also newbie he also don't have any information regarding.

Thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Open Work Permit - He could work for any employer, any type of job s/he is qualified, but is your friend's spouse a student or a skilled worker. The W1 is stamped on your passport (I am assuming, it is W1 Temporary Resident Visa, as a worker). When you enter Canada you'll get your Work Permit (closed, tied to the employer who hired you).

sam.ums said:
thanks for the additional info.I have 1 more ques,one of my friend got open work permit for edmonton employer under the low skill pilot project,So plz tell me the diff beteen open work permit with W1 work permit.As my friend also newbie he also don't have any information regarding.

Thanks

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
job_seeker said:
Open Work Permit - He could work for any employer, any type of job s/he is qualified, but is your friend's spouse a student or a skilled worker. The W1 is stamped on your passport (I am assuming, it is W1 Temporary Resident Visa, as a worker). When you enter Canada you'll get your Work Permit (closed, tied to the employer who hired you).
Hi, thanks for the info but my friend don't have spouse or common law partner in canada he applied for work permit visa after getting the LMO and he gets the open work permit his emplyer already gives him the joining date on first week of sept in edmonton.As far as i searched on internet open work permit is only for those who have spouse in canada on study visa or TFW that' why i'm confused how he get the open work permit.
PLZ put some light on this confusion
thanks

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Can't be OWP.

Under Canada immigration regulations, spouses and common-law partners of temporary foreign workers and foreign students, who themselves want to work in Canada, will need an Open Work Permit. Open Work Permits are also available through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students.
The holder of an Open Work Permit can work for any Canadian employer, without first having a confirmed offer of employment.

An Open Work Permit is not job-specific.

Under Canada immigration regulations, Open Work Permits may be applied for by:
the spouses or common-law partners of foreign temporary workers;
the spouses or common-law partners of foreign students;
international students who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution (new as of April 2008).

sam.ums said:
Hi, thanks for the info but my friend don't have spouse or common law partner in canada he applied for work permit visa after getting the LMO and he gets the open work permit his emplyer already gives him the joining date on first week of sept in edmonton.As far as i searched on internet open work permit is only for those who have spouse in canada on study visa or TFW that' why i'm confused how he get the open work permit.
PLZ put some light on this confusion
thanks

sam.ums

Star Member
Jul 13, 2011
job_seeker said:
Can't be OWP.

Under Canada immigration regulations, spouses and common-law partners of temporary foreign workers and foreign students, who themselves want to work in Canada, will need an Open Work Permit. Open Work Permits are also available through the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program for international students.
The holder of an Open Work Permit can work for any Canadian employer, without first having a confirmed offer of employment.

An Open Work Permit is not job-specific.

Under Canada immigration regulations, Open Work Permits may be applied for by:
the spouses or common-law partners of foreign temporary workers;
the spouses or common-law partners of foreign students;
international students who have graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution (new as of April 2008).
Once again thanks for your useful info i already inform this details to my friend he will check with VFs office tommorow.

God Bless