+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are my chances? need urgent help please!!!!

sas_1

Jun 20, 2012
Guys, please give your detail opinion / advice on my situation, especially on the arrest records and on the transcript.

Please bear with me this is long:

I came to USA in 1991 on a student visa - went to school on and off till the year 2000. I studied Electrical Engineering in University of Missouri at Kansas City and completed 107 credit hrs of 126 required.

In 2003 I was arrested by US INS for being out of status and severed around 7 days in the jail. I bonded out and took a voluntary departure to my country Bangladesh in 2003.

Arrest record chronology:

• Was arrested on a misdemeanor shoplifting (less than $20) violation in the state of Kansas around 1996. I was accused of switching tags on a piece of grocery. I pleaded no contest, went through a diversion program, paid a court fine and was told that after 1-year probation the record will be expunged.

• Was arrested (not sure if I was arrested or detained – can’t remember if the cops cuffed me or not) on a trespassing violation in the state of Missouri in 1996 or 1997 (not sure about the year). I was a taxi driver then - parked my taxi, along with other taxi drivers, at a place without realizing that it was a private property, the owners without warning us called the cops - later I learned that some taxi drivers were warned not to park there, but I wasn’t aware of it. I was arrested and was let go on the spot on my own recognizance. Eventually the case was dismissed because the party pressing charge did not show up at the court.

• Was arrested by the INS as mentioned above.

I am interested in coming to Canada as a Long haul truck driver on a temporary foreign worker visa.

• How damaging are my arrest records?

• What are my chances with these arrest records?

• I don’t have the official transcript from my college, but have a sealed transcript of instructors copy – can it be presented for work permit or immigration purpose?

• What other options do I have besides applying for temporary work permit visa?