+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What’s Next?

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
Hi everyone I want to share my timeline and I have couple of questions maybe someone help me?

applied for a protection in June 2019
Passed interview in July 2019
Scheduled as a short hearing in March 2020 but canceled because of the covid
Finally again scheduled yesterday and I got positive decision in Dec 2020.

Iknow I have to wait my letter to start application process for PR.

My question is I married in January 2020. My wife has a short time student visa and changed as visitor visa . We extended once her visa and now we are waiting second extension about the visa. How should we apply for PR. Inland or Outland ? Is she stay with me during the Pr process, she has to go back country , and wait Pr in there. You know there is a COVID and I don’t want to send her back . What should I do ? Or anybody experienced like us ?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone I want to share my timeline and I have couple of questions maybe someone help me?

My question is I married in January 2020. My wife has a short time student visa and changed as visitor visa . We extended once her visa and now we are waiting second extension about the visa. How should we apply for PR. Inland or Outland ? Is she stay with me during the Pr process, she has to go back country , and wait Pr in there. You know there is a COVID and I don’t want to send her back . What should I do ? Or anybody experienced like us ?
Your wife can be included as your dependent in the PR application but it is unclear whether your spouse will be able to get more TRV extensions during the next 16+ months. In most provinces she won't have health coverage so you should be purchasing emergency health insurance depending on where you live.

ozkan190

Sep 10, 2019
Your wife can be included as your dependent in the PR application but it is unclear whether your spouse will be able to get more TRV extensions during the next 16+ months. In most provinces she won't have health coverage so you should be purchasing emergency health insurance depending on where you live.
We got approved her first extension only by travel insurance. What does it mean emergency health insurance?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We got approved her first extension only by travel insurance. What does it mean emergency health insurance?
Insurance that only covers health emergencies not routine care. Can also be referred to travel medical insurance. Travel insurance usually refers to travel cancellation, baggage loss replacement, etc.

301debby

Apr 6, 2018

Hi, if you don't mind me asking. How was the refugee interview? What sort of questions do they ask during the interview, is it based on your story? Please help, thank you!

Faisalkhan555

Apr 14, 2020
Did you receive your NOD I am done with my hearing on 23rd and got positive decision now waiting for my NOD how long does it take to arrive?