+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES ECA Evaluation

hammadtaj

Full Member
Jul 21, 2015
42
1
Hi,

I recently received my ECA from WES.
The Canadian equivalency Summary is as follows:

Diploma (three years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

Shall i claim for (Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute), OR i can claim for (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years)?

Thanks in advance.
 
 

amitsolanki14

Hero Member
Aug 12, 2015
282
9
India
Category........
NOC Code......
2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09/08/15
Med's Request
12/08/15
Med's Done....
14/08/15
hammadtaj said:
Hi,

I recently received my ECA from WES.
The Canadian equivalency Summary is as follows:

Diploma (three years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

Shall i claim for (Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute), OR i can claim for (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years)?

Thanks in advance.
Putting the right thing for WES is always confusing, send personal message to Asivad Anac & get his opinion.
As far as i can say you can select "Two or more certificates ....." but still i am not an expert so get in touch with Asivad

Amit
 

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
4,100
593
hammadtaj said:
Hi,

I recently received my ECA from WES.
The Canadian equivalency Summary is as follows:

Diploma (three years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

Shall i claim for (Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute), OR i can claim for (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years)?

Thanks in advance.
It is very evident, you can select 'two or more degrees where one is at least three years'. All the best!
 

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
6,394
288
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
hammadtaj said:
Hi,

I recently received my ECA from WES.
The Canadian equivalency Summary is as follows:

Diploma (three years) and bachelor's degree (three years)

Shall i claim for (Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute), OR i can claim for (Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years)?

Thanks in advance.

two or more certificates......
 

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
66
1
I got my credentials evaluated by WES in Jan, 2015. In Feb., 2016 university changed the date in the degree as there was a clerical mistake in the degree. Should i inform WES about this change in the date of the degree or not.

As per my knowledge WES will share degrees and the WES result with CIC and it would be having degree with the old date.

Mean while I have taken a letter from the university (on their letterhead) that the date in the degree is edited by them.
 
 

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
4,100
593
docsood said:
I got my credentials evaluated by WES in Jan, 2015. In Feb., 2016 university changed the date in the degree as there was a clerical mistake in the degree. Should i inform WES about this change in the date of the degree or not.

As per my knowledge WES will share degrees and the WES result with CIC and it would be having degree with the old date.

Mean while I have taken a letter from the university (on their letterhead) that the date in the degree is edited by them.
If there is only a discrepancy in the day rather than the year, then it should be fine, you need not inform WES. If you check your ECA report only the year is mentioned, so a different date will not impact your application. As long as WES has evaluated your degree equivalent to Canadian education the date discrepancy will not affect your report. Having said that, it is good that you have the letter from the university, in case you need it in the future.
 

docsood

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
66
1
Thanks stanlee for your response.

But if you see the cover letter that comes with the WES report, it states that they have already shared the WES report and the transcripts with the CIC. And as per my college the transcripts are the marksheets and the degree. Now the problem is that the date in the degree is changed and WES has already shared the degree with the old date.
 

vatsamit1

Full Member
Nov 9, 2015
28
1
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2232
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
Provided
Nomination.....
03-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
03-05-2016
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
Not needed at this time
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited...
Hi,
Do we need hard copy of WES evaluation. I got soft copies and I also paid extra so that a copy goes to CIC.

Any advice..

Regards
 
 

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
4,100
593
docsood said:
Thanks stanlee for your response.

But if you see the cover letter that comes with the WES report, it states that they have already shared the WES report and the transcripts with the CIC. And as per my college the transcripts are the marksheets and the degree. Now the problem is that the date in the degree is changed and WES has already shared the degree with the old date.
In that case you can check about the same with WES here http://www.wes.org/ca/support/. Let them know that you have the letter from your university in this regard. Do share the outcome on the forum as well, it can help others who face a similar situation.