+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES application

Mar 4, 2018
My name has been changed after marriage. However Before applying for evaluation report at WES I had called them to enquire if I need to submit affidavit for change in name. The person at WES told me not to as it is not required and only send a cover letter with the certificates. Now they have canceled my application reason being there is change in the name. I do not know how to proceed. Please advise

Kamlesh1042

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
India
Hi Varsha,

I am stuck with the same situation for my wife's ECA, some friends here have suggested to call WES and ask them to proceed with maiden name and while submitting the profile in EE you can submit marriage certificate and affidavit if required, request you to please advise your suggestion.

Thanks

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,

I had no choice but make a new application in my maiden name. WES is very persistent about it and they cancelled application twice as it was in my new name.
You will have to make a new application and ask WES to transfer all submitted credentials from old account to the new account.

Kamlesh1042

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
India
Can WES transfer all the credentials from cancelled request to the new request because I spoke with one of the WES representatives he said we have to send docs again since the request was cancelled.

Mar 4, 2018
Yes they can do that.. you have to go their website and in the help center section you will see contact us. Over there you can send them an email stating that you would like to transfer the credentials from old reference number to new reference number. But before that you will have to make a new account in maiden name.

Jul 2, 2018
Thanks @Vrisha Motwani I will try my luck

Suthi gaal
Hi,

I had no choice but make a new application in my maiden name. WES is very persistent about it and they cancelled application twice as it was in my new name.
You will have to make a new application and ask WES to transfer all submitted credentials from old account to the new account.
Hi Vishwa,
I am in the same situation. My wife's ECA got cancelled due to same reason. Her complete name got changed after marriage. I hav'nt applied ECA on her maiden name yet. Is there any update on your case ? have you applied EE yet ?

Kamlesh1042

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
India
@Abhijit Dhingra the only option you have is to get the refund for cancelled one create a new account on maiden name and call WES and request them to use the credentials you already submitted, it might take some time but that's the only way to get the ECA done.

Good luck mate

abby12

May 10, 2018
@Abhijit Dhingra the only option you have is to get the refund for cancelled one create a new account on maiden name and call WES and request them to use the credentials you already submitted, it might take some time but that's the only way to get the ECA done.

Good luck mate
Thanks mate!!
Have you applied for express entry ?