+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Well then, lets talk about it in detalis(Ex post-- a real shame)

titina

Aug 18, 2009
BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Lucas73 you're such a funny person! ;D ;D ;D I'm sorry that your ranting backfired but this post seriously made me laugh :D I even have a six pack now :p

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Bobhynoswife!
Iarblue i don't know if you understood but i am a member of the family class, i have been sponsored by my spouse(canadian citizen) and my daughter is Canadian too, the problem is that i'm applying from inland and i was told that it takes a long time(minimum 8 months if you are lucky). i understand when you talk about number of people to refuse, housing etc, i agree with you....a country cannot accept 100 % of the cases. but as you say Spouses and partners are a different matter....

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Hi everybody, I'm very new to this forum. this is the first thing i post.
I have an inland application too and I was also surprised about the processing times.
I have to admit that I agree with Luca73. I think you misunderstood him\her

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
OK, I was NOT going to respond again to this thread at all but I need to say this.

This thread has been Edited/Deleted/Messed with to the point where it doesnt read correctly in the context of what every response was done in. The message that started this thread is LONG gone at this point and at one point today half of it disappeared and then suddenly reappeared.

I will be the first to admit that my response to the post (after it had been deleted and edited) was somewhat harsh but was made in response to the "cant someone rant?" question and not to any comments made about the immigration process.

Inlandappl said:
I have to admit that I agree with Luca73. I think you misunderstood him\her
It is actually hard to know what the intent of the original post was because it was quickly deleted and now is only being spoken about in memory - so if Luca's intent was not to swear at the forum, well I, and Bobswife misunderstood that and thought it was a bash on the forum and I cant know what was the case as it is gone now.

My problem was the deleting and changing of the posts. I could very easily delete what I have written and pretend it never happened but I am not going to because I believe in what I said and am willing to admit if I reacted harder than I should have. My point in my "for shame" comment was that if you want to stir sh** up, have the courage and conviction to stand behind what you said.

In reading the edited post Luca makes some pretty interesting points. It is too bad that isnt what they said in the first place.

The rest of my posts were made in a comedic (or at least what I feel is comedic) way to try and lighten thing up, and I only got "school marm-ish" when I was accused of not allowing someone to "rant".

I also understand the frustration Luca is experiencing because I am experiencing it also - and I too have been through a lengthy and bureaucratic pile of crap in order to live legally in a country other than Canada.

I have great respect for someone who makes a point and then has the conviction to stand behind it - when you didnt, that is why I said "shame on you".

No one has to like me, care about me or listen to me, as I have that right to feel the same about anyone else. I am happy to leave this thread alone, but if my motives in regards to responses I have made are going to be questioned then it is only fair that it is said that the Original Post is no longer here and what is in its place makes some of the rest of it not make sense.

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Heatherusa peace made ;) Hope everything works for everybody and its true this forum is more than interesting, it really helps. I would have loved to find it before i submitted my application but even now is of a big help

bobshynoswife

Nov 16, 2009
St Albert, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2010
File Transfer...
22-06-2010
Interview........
24-08-2010
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2010
LANDED..........
09-09-2010
Heather, ITA with everything you said!

Luca...inland is slow. But the benefit is that you get to be with your spouse. I have not seen my husband since our honeymoon in April, and many here on the forums have not seen their spouse for many months...some even a year or more.

My advice to you (for what it's worth!) is to look on the bright side and be greatful that you life with your wife. I would have gladly applied inland knowing that it would take twice as long, even if my husband couldn't work the entire time, just to be with him, and not have a relationship through skype and phone calls.

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know bobshynoswife i understand your situation. your husband is in nigeria and i know that i'm lucky of being with my family. as an Italian I don't need a visa to enter Canada. I just show up at the border and they let me in with very few questions.even just showing my daughters passport(my daughter has my last name) looks enough to them.... I have saved money so i dont have economic problems but we would like to open a business(like i did in the previous country where i was for 8 years) and we wouldnt want all of our money to be gone before we start anything. i guess we will just go with the flow, buy a house(in the east of quebec they are pretty cheap), my wife will probably start working and i will help on the way. Thats why i was criticizing the system, because a husband should be allowed to work on the spot and then they can analize if he's cheating or not or if he can stay or not....Good luck!

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I personally think an Inland sponsorship that takes 8 months is quick.

When you think of all the stuff that immigration has to do before granting PR, it is pretty quick. Remember, a lot of the information they need comes from another Country. Whats to say your own Country is the slow one....not Canada???

Also, compared with other Western Countries, Canada is quick. In the UK for example, you have to wait 2 years together before you can sponsor common law. If married, it is a year wait for the initial PR, then another 2 years proving your marriage after 2 years.

In the USA, you have to be living together for 5 years and get a notified order of your common law status.

Your arguement about waiting 8 months for PR is laughable at best and stupid at worst. Some, here on this forum, have been waiting years for their PR application to be approved.

Vent away....but make sure your vent is rational and comprehensible before expecting full respect from this forum.

Their are too many intelligent people, whom are going through desperate situations. to take a whine about waiting 8 months too seriously.

Luca73

Jul 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok Angelbrat if you say so....first i dont know how long my application will take(yours apparently took 8 months) As i said many times on this post Canada is a very efficient country and everything works very well and fast but i repeat immigration doesn't seem to work that well especially for inland. if you think that 8 months is a laughable time and you compare it to countries that are even worse well done. I just say that a husband who is the father of the family------(which happens to be a Canadian family), with a canadian spouse(at the moment unemployed) and with a 2 year old child(Canadian, who feeds her? me, Italian "immigrant"), luckily i have saved quite a lot of money with the business that i had in argentina for 8 years)------- should not wait, not even a month. they should open the application, grant a temporary work permit and then check the papers to see if they are good or not. then if they discover you are a cheater or a criminal they kick you out....pragmatic no? i guess you will say it's stupid, no? after all i'm already in the country so what does it change for them or for the security of the country? with a visitor status(Italians and most western european countries don't need visas to enter canada) i'm allowed to stay in the country at least 6 months, no questions asked, no medical checks, no criminal checks, nothing, no fees.....i know this forum is just give help or information to people that need it and this is not the place to create or make new laws but i believe someone's opinions are not to be discarded so fast. think about it.....

heatherusa

Mar 23, 2010
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2010
File Transfer...
14-06-2010
Med's Done....
22-04-2010
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
08-10-2010
LANDED..........
26-10-2010
Luca73 said:
they should open the application, grant a temporary work permit and then check the papers to see if they are good or not. then if they discover you are a cheater or a criminal they kick you out....pragmatic no? i guess you will say it's stupid, no? after all i'm already in the country so what does it change for them or for the security of the country?
I actually think that is a great idea... as you put it, you are already in the country... I cant help but wonder if that wouldnt then create a back-log of people, because if my husband could get a work permit just by applying inland then we would get him in to Canada (he doesnt need a visa) and apply that way because it would be better than applying outland. That would probably create problems of a different kind... Hard to say. I always say to people "If I were queen of the world, I know how best to run things" but in all honesty... I wouldnt really want to live in a world run by me!

sbwv09

Feb 18, 2010
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Buffalo/NYC
App. Filed.......
May 17, 10
File Transfer...
June 22, 10/August 31, 10 (to NYC)
Med's Done....
April 6, 10
Passport Req..
September 13, 10
VISA ISSUED...
9/28, Received 10/21
LANDED..........
10/22/10
jillandmat said:
go and yell in the street if you have some beef with immigration
A bit off topic, but I'm about ready to do just this.. lol :)